Strange disconnecting problem

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Codger
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Strange disconnecting problem

Post by Codger »

Lately, many times when I try to join a game when I enter the game my screen freezes, I wait and wait, the screen unfreezes, I'm in the game and then I get disconnected from the server. If I make several attempts to rejoin I might eventually actually get in the game. Most times I just keeping getting disconnected. I have Cox cable and Win xp pro and a 1.8 Amd with an Nvidia GeForce4 mx 440. This just seems to be happening fairly recently. Is the net congested or my cable node? Or what? It's a pain in the ass because there aren't that many game servers lately that got folks in them in the afternoon.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Sounds to me like:

1. you tweeked your internet connection to the point were you do not acknowledge almost all inbound packets (Xeon Trick)

2. your firewall is filtering your packets(not good should be permit all)

3. your Main.exe or other nameless files is corrupted from an attempt to hack it to make up for your n00bness in the mines getting owned

4. Your running Linux D3 which sucks anyways, in that case INSTALL WINDOWZ

But all jokes aside...reinstall D3, set Firewall to permit all for D3 2092-2096 TCP/UDP and 7170 for chat
Codger
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Codger »

BUBBALOU wrote:Sounds to me like:
LOL. Thanks. #3 is my favorite, aint bright enough to do it though. I'll try the firewall first. I have Sygate and it does some strange stuff at times. I bet that's it. I'll then try the reinstall if the firewall thing don't get it. :D

Why is my post all boldy and the quote small!!?