D3 TNG !

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D3 TNG !

Post by El Ka Bong »

The Next Generation: a new D3 pilot is now on PXO!

...My 5 year old son is now taking his tank on-line, and all by himself jumps into the fray of the games hosted on PXO !

He flies under the name "Oliver", ... and since he can't type too much, don't expect much chat back on F8. But put him through the hoops, everyone !

Imagine the joy and pride I feel, especially when we fly as a father and son team ... ! We play about 2 hours a week, ... mom keeps a strict eye on the time spent on such frivolity .. !

His choice of audio taunts is hilarious .. ! ( we edit the nasty ones out !). His missle dodging skill is amazing (for a 5 year old) ! His growing appreciation for team-strategy is awesome !

His choice of levels too is interesting; it all depends on his mood really, but he already has opinions about the standards like Abend-2, Skybox, ... Core, all the Mod's, ... He wants to design his own levels !.. He draws me maps of how they'll be laid-out.. !

So, .. this may be another "nature / nurture" experiment... Is the love of D3 a genetic predisposition ? .... or is it all learned from Dad ..? Probably it's both !

Kill Y'all !

P.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

you should hook him up with hemps kid. :P
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

nice!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: D3 TNG !

Post by roid »

El Ka Bong wrote:... He wants to design his own levels !.. He draws me maps of how they'll be laid-out.. !
hell yeah, young kids are awesome like that. they are chock full of ideas it's sooo cool :D, unrestrained imagination. if you shut their mouth the ideas start to squirt out the eyes and ears O_O.

definitely encourage that, get him to draw all his stuff down as he comes up with it (maybe show him how the PROFFESSIONALS design things on paper too, blueprints, side/topviews etc). with a kid's motivation and ability to learn and practice, you'll find he'll get really good at drawing stuff. (it'll also teach him a good outlet for when the folks "can't listen to him rant and rave about his ideas right now", you may just thank me for that one day ;) hehe).
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Sweetness!
Great to see the youngins bein intoduced to the best game ever!
T0_l8 has his 5yo son playing on multiplayer as well. I am amazed on how well they can fly at that age!
Might even become the youngest player ever to be recruited by SQN :P
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

Speaking of SQN, where you guys been man??
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Well, I cant speak for the rest of the clan.
But I have been on an extended break from D3.
I will probably be seen back in the mines sometime this month(need some practice before califest :P ).

As far as matches go, I'm not sure when or if we will be returning to team play.When I get to being more active again I can give ya some better info. :)
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

thats sweet, I remeber starting Descent, I must have been 7ish (10 years ago)
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I started when I was 10. Man I wish I'd gotten serious about it sometime sooner (like, earlier than 19, :-/). I'll look for them and give them some target practice. I'm not all that easy to hit though. ;-P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

That's great. :) I've always wished that my family would play Descent with me, especially my dad. Have a lot of fun! Don't let him get overly addicted. ;)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

and my son likes to go by Wheeler and is 6, he loves to play, maybe I'll look into a dedicated server for the young ones!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

pad the megas with foam :)
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

.... now I wish I was 5. then you fellas would take it easy on me for once :P lol
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

roid wrote:pad the megas with foam :)
LOL!!, pad the entire level at that rate
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

Be sure to tell him about Descent 4! I'm sure he'll love it! It does have some nono-words when Dravis talks to MD1032, but I can make a version JUST FOR THAT LITTLE KID... that has fluffy bears and lolly pops.... :lol: