Revolutions Recalibrated (i.e., Neo on PXO.NET)

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Revolutions Recalibrated (i.e., Neo on PXO.NET)

Post by Neo »

I think some of you don't realize that I've been playing for the past several months. Many people heard that I quit and destroyed my D3 CD's or whatever...

...I am still learning to hold my tongue ("the tongue is a fire")...

...I just wanted to mention that I've been playing D3, and I enjoy it. After painstakingly fixing my controls, I finally am able to fly (for the most part). I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place, because fighting against n00bs is boring, and when I play the elite players, my lag shield soaks up their weapon fire, so they boat to get me to catch a packet; and, of course, neither I nor the good players like a boat fest. :)

So, even though it's not like the good old days, playing Stadium and other rookie levels is at least tolerable, and playing against the good players is fun, and a challenge, since I have to avoid secondary weapons a lot. ;)

Anyway, I've been on PXO, and I hope to play one of you guys soon. :) I'll play just about any level.

By the way, when I wrote "Who the heck said this was a public apology?" I meant to make clear that in that post I was explaining how miscommunication affected your perceptions of me and my perceptions of you and all the confusion. I meant nothing bad by it.

But I digress. I hope to play some of you all on PXO or maybe even D3DSN.

I know that some of you had trouble with me leaving the game to set up my controls. That problem is virtually eliminated, so more play time! ;)

I hope to see all of you in the mines. ;)

â??Neo a.k.a. [insert infinite string of aliases here ;)]

Oh, one more thing. I plan to use less aliases, since I ran out of ideas (or as Delirium said, I'm "aliased out." ;)) I'm going to have several pilots for different ships and levels with mods, since it's too much trouble to make new aliases for different ships and levels over and over again. ;)

peace out B)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Excellent :) Finally apilot who admits seeing weapons fire and how well his shield bends the spoon!

I think there might be a chance for you after all, Mr Anderson
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

BUBBALOU wrote:Excellent :) Finally apilot who admits seeing weapons fire and how well his shield bends the spoon!

I think there might be a chance for you after all, Mr Anderson
haha

"so they boat to get me to catch a packet" - I think I resemble that remark. ;)

@ Neo (& Bubba): I actually firmly believe that I just wasn't timing my frags right.. It may be true that with some players the timing may need to be more exact, but, for the most part, I've yet to see the pilot who doesn't respond positively to a well timed shot. ;) Example: Frustrated with those pilots who fly "through" your napalm? Fire it a little sooner. ;)
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Actually, it's harder for me to avoid frags on dial-up than it was on broadband. :)

On broadband, I could just sit still most of the time. On dial-up, I have to move soon, and there's not much of a chance for it to miss me.

I think Napalm Rocket blobs are harder to fly through with weapon effects on. I used to be able to fly through them really well, but that's when I had a slow computer and no weapon effects on. ;)

heh Sarge, I was also referring to you. hehe

Yeah, so a few of the particles hit me from your frags...the rest I (apparently) avoid. heh