OSKW - One Shot Kill Weapons

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Viper1d
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

OSKW - One Shot Kill Weapons

Post by Viper1d »

I been having a blast playing some D3 multiplayer this past week (after many years) - mostly Stadium and Subway Dancer. However, it is really tough getting into a dogfight without some launching a OSKW like a Smart Missle or Mega. I think the two levels would be much more fun without these weapons (Stadium has just the Mega). I know that with a certain amount of technical skill and strategy, one can mitigate the effectiveness of these weapons. I remember back to Core (now Classic Core) and always thought that had a nice balance of weapons (remember back when Core and Polaris was the only two levels available during the Demo days. . .)

Anyway, kudos and much thanks for the people running the servers. It is much appreciated. Also, thanks to all the other pilots for their patience with a barely mediocre player (but I am having fun). Just wish there were more players. I will have to look into D1/D2.

cya in the mines !
Viper1
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

as for stadium, you've forgot fusion ;) (and probably mortar, i don't remember)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Welcome Viper!

If you're having trouble with those particular weapons, then chaulk it up to being rusty. Both are fairly slow and with some practice, dodging them should be easy. Mortars, not so much.. :twisted: ;)

Kinda like the claymores in CoD4: \"clik!\"...oh crap...!!BOOM!! <respawn> :lol:
Viper1d
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Viper1d »

Definitely rusty? yes! Although I do a pretty good job of avoiding them if I see them coming - it's the point blank ones that get me - again, it comes down to strategy and practice. It would be fun to have a dogfight with just good old lazers, vauss or plasma. Anyway, having I am definitely having a blast playing MP. Thanks to Dateiliste for getting me up and going.
Viper1
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Are you kidding? There was nothing more fun in the old D2 multiplayer days than scoring half a dozen kills at once with an Earthshaker
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It takes a while to get back into it but not as long as when it was the first tiem you played. It took me 3 months of playing D2 multi 4 hours a night to get good. Now I haven't played in years and I'd be rusty as a Model T ford sitting in the rain all these years.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Viper you fly well and have good tactics, I've noticed you've improved quite a bit more than this last post... keep slugging it out :D