January 1: 16-player Descent 2 game

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

January 1: 16-player Descent 2 game

Post by Sirius »

Hi guys

A bunch of people (myself included) from the D2X-XL boards are planning to organize a ... rather unusually big D2 game on New Year's Day. It will probably be in the afternoon but I'll update again when I find out the exact time (chances are we'll be playing for a few hours though).

We'd like to hit 16 players, but I don't think we'll have quite the player count (12 maybe?), so I'm just sending out notice here in case anyone else is interested.

Yes, this will require D2X-XL (it's the only way to get that many players in a game), and we will be playing levels that are specially made to be, well, large enough. It promises to be an interesting day. :)

If you're interested, you should consider joining the Steam group \"D2X-XL\" as we are using its chat-room to organize games. A few people are quite often there - e.g. Sykes, Beltran, Mahona and blarget are often on - so you may be able to play a few games with them to test that your game is working before the big event. Steam accounts are free - you don't have to buy any games to get them or anything like that - hence why it has worked pretty well for us.

If you absolutely refuse to get Steam but are still interested - well, D2X-XL doesn't require it to run - just check the UDP/IP via tracker screen for the game, and if you have someone else who is taking part on MSN/AIM/ICQ/whatever, maybe they could let you know what's going on. :)

Planning is going on in the \"Multiplayer Date Planner\" section of the descent2.de forums (http://www.descent2.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=14), specifically on this thread: http://www.descent2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1604

Hope to see a few of you there!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Looks like this probably starts at 4 PM EST, so in just under an hour.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

How many showed up?
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Someone said the game peaked at 10; not as much as I might have hoped for but not too bad. Would have liked it to have been in a bigger level though. :)