Request #2: firefight mp gametype

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Request #2: firefight mp gametype

Post by S13driftAZ »

Ah, now that i've gotten my way with foil, time to take advantage of someone else.

Has anyone here played Halo ODST? In ODST there is a gametype in multi that involves the players to stay in one area while progressively harder waves of enemies swarm at the players.

So I was wondering, is there such a thing for D3? If not, how hard would it be to create this? Do you want to make me happy or not??? :P
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

I guess that you can get something similar, but it would take a lot of scripting. But if that is impossible, then coop level with 1000000000 mat cens would be the most reasonable, crappy solution. When we get the code, we can do whatever.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

From my (slightly hazy) memory of the D3 level script thing, I don't think matcens have to run out at all. If you control them by a script you can do pretty much whatever you want to with them.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

A level like that would not be very difficult to build, now getting someone to build it…is a different story.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I believe Sirius is correct. A level like that could be built using DALLAS to script the mat-cens.

As to creating a new game mode, I think it would be fairly difficult. The D3 SDK has the code for anarchy and entropy, but not robo-anarchy (which is probably what holds the needed functionality).
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Progressively harder waves of robots? Well, I have a project called 'Subterra' which has never finished that does something just like that. It's basically a base within a cave that you have to defend and repair/fuel.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

PJB wrote:Progressively harder waves of robots? Well, I have a project called 'Subterra' which has never finished that does something just like that. It's basically a base within a cave that you have to defend and repair/fuel.
:shock: yes! does want