Noob Question

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

jesusfr3ak4evr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Noob Question

Post by jesusfr3ak4evr »

How do I fix the fusion bug with mouse where I can't charge the fusion? As I recall it had to do with framerate being under 60 or something. I tried capping my framerate at 60, and it worked in my own server, but not when I played in someone else's. Plz help a noob! :P
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Yep, it's a framerate thing. Basically, you want to keep the framerate under the mouse-polling rate; under 60 usually works.

What's probably happening is that your launcher command-line options are not getting applied when you join an online game through Vortex or the .cx tracker. This is because both of those systems have their own command-line input. Copy your command-line from the launcher to the Vortex and .cx settings, and you should be good to go.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Or you check the stickies.. :P If that doesn't work: you want to map the mouse button to a key or joystick button and then configure D3 to use that instead of the mouse button. There's other software out there that will allow you to do that.
ImageImage
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

I created my own solution and it works pretty well. I bind the primary fire button to both my left-click button and my mouse's middle clickable scroll wheel button. Whenever I use the fusion or the MD, I hold down both buttons at the same time, and somehow this makes the weapon hold properly.