CALIFEST IS CANCELED

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

CALIFEST IS CANCELED

Post by Gooberman »

I am posting this since there is no information (that I can find) at www.califest.org that the event has been canceled. Please PM me if I have any info wrong. Also please now take your flames to the NHB, they will be deleted here.

Just in case people havn't been following the thread It has been canceled. Here is the reason.
This stickin biotch of a Manager, contacted the fire martial last week. Basically telling him about our event. They came over to the room, check the place out, and see it's a fire hazard. Basically telling us if we didn't have an electrician report by yesterday @ 5pm, that our event was cancelled. Plus the deposit I made wasn't refundable. As you can see this has become a huge mess. She's a sticking C**T, and has been a biotch since the time i started working with her. Never once did she tell us they where going to need an electrician report, bla bla..

This is the deal, the event is cancelled.. but for those that purchased non-refundable plane tix, and those in the area. My father and I, are opening up our brand new victorian home for those that still want to lan. There's even a guest room if someone needs a place to crash. Once again these kind of things are out of my control. I thought once Jazzy came there, and gave me the go, it was set. Thanks Jazzy for your help and hard work. Now I'm gonna have to fight her, in court about getting the deposit back. IF u have any questions, just drop me an email dan@califest.org

I'm done with LAN's, and unfortunately done with D3. It's been fun, but i'm too tired, and lost interest in D3 and in LAN parties.

-The Rock
If you know any of the following and know that they don't visit the DBB or suspect that they may not have heard in chat, get in contact with them so that they can decide if they want to go or not. I would suggest requesting more info about this smaller Lan from Rock before deciding to go. (If it is still on, how many he is expecting, etc.)

1 [D3K]RoCk J Insane Redwood City, CA
2 [D3K]Goob Tempe, AZ
3 [D3K]Punisher J Insane Homewood, IL
4 [D3K]kurupt Akron, OH
5 [D3K]Zero Los Angeles, CA
6 Kufyit Minneapolis, MN
7 Ferno Vancouver, BC
8 [TA]KrAc0n J Insane Santa Ana, CA
9 [TA]Couver J Insane Fort Worth, TX
10 [TA]Papercut Phoenix, AZ
11 [TA]Cowboy St. Helena Island, SC
12 [TA]Sparticus San Diego, CA
13 Birdseye J Insane Santa Cruz, CA
14 Suncho J Insane Acton, MA
15 {D4F}Slurpy J Insane Sacramento, CA
16 {D4F}wetpaperbag Orangevale, CA
17 Bunyip J Insane Fort Lauderdale, FL
18 Merl Renton, WA
19 [NUB2]Grendel J Insane Philomath, OR
20 [NUB2]Deadmeat J Insane Davis, CA
21 [NUB]Fusion J Insane Portland, OR
22 [NUB]Klasher J Insane Medford, OR
23 [NUB]Perediablo J Insane Ft. Worth, TX
24 {ROX}Hemp Jacksonville, FL
25 {ROX}Hostile J Insane Corpus Cristi, TX
26 {ROX}Endymion RSM, CA
27 Madrick J Insane Corpus Cristi, TX
28 Trinity Lawrence, KS
29 Vander San Jose, CA
30 Juice Alamo, CA
31 rush298 Everett, WA
32 [X]Rook J Insane Homewood, IL
33 [X]Lunchbox J Insane Ft. Worth, TX
34 Thraine Rio Dell, CA
35 [TMC]Honestplayer Oakland, CA
36 Propain J Insane Venice, CA
37 [SQN]Hattrick J Insane Central Point, OR
38 [SQN]Rover Central Point, OR
40 [SQN]Stoned Central Point, OR
41 SSC-[AuDiO] J Insane Jackson, MS
42 FlawlesS Netherlands
43 DM-SeraphimFV San Diego, CA
44 JazzyJet J Insane Windsor, CA
45 Gammaray Phelan, CA
46 snakebite So. San Francisco, CA
47 El_Hombre So. San Francisco, CA
48 Barry Madera, CA
49 MagnuS Tulare, CA
50 No_Name Sacramento, CA
51 VonRC J Insane Auburn, WA
52 VonKlay J Insane Puyallup, WA
53 VonVulcan Tacoma, WA
54 Jess Denton, TX
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Recieved 5-20-04 from The_Rock

My final statement!!

It kinda saddens me when those who I thought where my good friends weren't there to support me. It's kind of sad, when those so called friends talk ★■◆● behind my back. It amazes me that after two years of successful lans and people going home with tons of prizes. That you all can't understand that this wasn't my fault. That this was out of my power, yet you still assume that i intended to do this. You assume that it was my plan to take all your money. I can't even express the way I feel over something like this. Yet a lot of you un-greatful people, still want to sit there and run your mouth like you have the slightest idea on what happen. It's quite funny how you get all the praise because you through an oustanding lan. Yet when something happens, and the LAN was cancelled. The same ones that praised, are now being snakes and talking ★■◆●. It doesn't really matter what you all think, it's definitely not gonna change who I am. For those that where my so called friends, and yet still talked ★■◆●. You can throw our friendship out the door and don't even contact me. For those that have called me, and sent me emails of encouragement, and supported me on this whole or deal. Thank you very much I greatly appreciate it, and shows me what a true friend you are.

I've played this game since the beginning, and have a lot of fun doing so. I've met some outstanding people, and made some true friends. Friends that i'll still keep in contact with, even though i'm not playing. People like Sickone, Bash, Birdseye (well let me scratch that, I thought he was a friend), Venom, JazzyJett, Scratch, Endy, and a few others. They know the kind of hard work i've put into throwing LAN's, for the past two years. Putting up prizes, that no other LAN has done. All that hard work and effort didn't matter, because look at the
results. All I wanted to do, was give back to the community and make it more fun for everyone. Needless to say, I guess there are many fake posers in our community. Ready to pat your back one day, and the next stab you.

About the Refunds!! As some of you know, I lost the whole deposit on the room. I'm still in the process of taking it to court, and trying to fight for it back. The money will come out of my pocket. I will do my best in refund people their $30 dollars, it make take some time, but i'll do it. For those that need it that $30 dollars, because you are in some type of emergency or bind, just let me know.

In closing, I do want to thank those who've supported me in this hard time. Those that contacted me, and emailed me with ecouraging words. I really appreciate it, and I value your friendship to the fullest. I've had many great years playing Descent, and traveled all over the US because of this game. People like J_Oh, who made this community awesome to be apart of, J_Oh a guy Iâ??ll never forget. Sickone an old school Vet, a guy who has an awesome heart, and gave so much to the D3 community. Bash, another class act guy who's been around for quite sometime. Sfuzzi, the coolest down to earth D3 gal Iâ??ve ever met. Am I sad that I'll never play D3 again, or be apart of this community. Yes and No... yes because Iâ??ll miss many people, and miss all the good times Iâ??ve had. No, to all the drama this community brings, and all the fake ass people you'll meet and encounter. With that said, Iâ??m out!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE FUN!!

Rock
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Hope no one showed up :)
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Why not? The Victorian Lan is still on, right? ...what a joke...
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

Daniel is the man. So is his father. Met both of them. Good people. I haven't really heard anyone talking ★■◆●? And if they have, it's pretty low of them. I for one know that the Califest's were and always will be the best D parties ever. Word to that ★■◆●. Good luck, Rock!