So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine...

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine...

Post by []V[]essenjah » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm

So guys, I haven't played in years and I'm looking to get this thing set up. What are we all using for chat these days? Where can I find the editors and editing tools?

Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Descent 3? Think my old disk is scratched. Had another copy but it got lost after a couple of moves in the past two years. Anyone want to lend an old pilot a hand?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine

Post by Top Gun » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm

[]V[]essenjah wrote:Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Descent 3? Think my old disk is scratched. Had another copy but it got lost after a couple of moves in the past two years. Anyone want to lend an old pilot a hand?
Boosh
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 pm

The vortex client works for connecting to both games and chats and mission-grabbing:
http://www.slyclan.de/

Descent Valhalla has a ton of resources for all three games, including a chat and tracker and downloads including the level editing tools, modding tools, a huge selection of missions, etc.
http://www.descentvalhalla.com/
We will not have signatures in the future.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Always good to see another person coming back! Hope to see you in the mines soon :lol:
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
mzero
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by mzero » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

You can find a Descent 3 installer at dateiliste.com, as long as you have a Descent 3 license, even if your CDs are scratched.
There are missions, vortex, and one of the latest D3Edit version in it. :)
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:35 am

are people still playing? have been thinking of playing more and more the last few weeks. then again, I remember all to well, how boring it was to only get games in Skybox or Subway Dancer.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:11 pm

I've always wished that Descent's multiplayer had centered far more around the team-based modes than it did. I mean, I enjoyed Anarchy well enough back in the day, but after a while, playing a basic deathmatch round over and over just gets very...dull. Even CTF adds much-needed complexity to the strategic level, and I really wish that Entropy hadn't been as near-ignored as it was.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Speaking of multiplayer complexity and team dynamics, did any of you guys ever try my "BreakOut" mod for Descent3?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am

Hrm... Team Modes...
I like Team Anarchy, Team Hoard... I never got to play Entropy but I want to try :(. I detest CTF. Or maybe I detest the one and only CTF level that ever gets played, it's hard to tell.
And I can't play any game if I don't have a soundtrack. It bores me to hell. You probably shouldn't take me seriously. Well actually there was one game I really liked that didn't have a soundtrack per-se... but only ever the one.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Dateiliste installer to get you started because it includes all the patches (including a neat little program to switch between 1.4 and 1.5!) and pretty much every mission you'll ever play online. Which is sadly such a very small proportion of the multiplayer missions it includes.
I'm not sure if it includes the Army of Haloon demo now too...
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I touched it, made as if to pick it up, and then I was a panther.
BEWARE RAZZADOON'S SNOUT!!

Also beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com