how to get on a direct tcpip server

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

how to get on a direct tcpip server

Post by Do_Checkor »

At the moment almost nobody is playing D3 online. So I'd like to make sure that EVERYBODY even knows how to get on the servers that are online right now and everytime when the PXO-Game-Tracker is down.

Start D3. Click on Multiplayer.

Then click Direct TCP-IP.

Now you have to type in the IP and Port of the Server would like to join. These IPs can be found at http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3

Click on "search for games at address".
Now the server should appear in the field below.

Doubleclick the server - and play :)

that's it....
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Sometimes you just have to use crayons and scratch paper for people... or in this case, M$ Paint :)

Well done.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I think the problem is when I look at servers, see that all that's being played is 2 guys in stadium, and say "nah, I'll pass." Maybe we should set a specific time of day to try and get some people in a server.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Its good to see someone post something like this. Its as if some people just don't know how to play online the TCP/IP way. I know it takes some basic TCP/IP skills to enter in the IP Address but hey, some people just don't know about that yet. = \
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Heck, with the D3.Descent.cx server tracker, you don't even have to go through all that. You can just download an .exe or .bat file and jump right into the server. I just tried this method this afternoon, and it worked beautifully. Kudos to whoever designed it :).

P.S. It might be a good idea to spread this info among the members of team [NuB}. That way, anyone who's unsure how to play D3 while PXO is down will be able to. This community needs as many newbies as it can get, and we don't want a server downtime driving them away.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

the NUB Team has a very nice conversation. I saw more NUBs playing online since PXO is offline than others. But you are right...
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

How do you start D3? Can you make me nice pictures like that?
;)
Badboy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Badboy »

Actually Team NuB knows everything about what is going on :D. We have are own little secret places to talk :lol: