Star Trek Missions / unauthorized modded missions

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Star Trek Missions / unauthorized modded missions

Post by Do_Checkor »

Does anyone know who the guy is - stealing missions to edit and re-release them without asking the original authors?

Got a couple of questions and complaints already...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Star Trek Missions / unauthorized modded missions

Post by sigma »

I know the guy who remade Subway Dancer Star Track. Cool it turned out :) He called this level 1_sd_edit_pm. It remade not only the Star Track, but also other levels. As far as I know, this modder from the very beginning and constantly keeps in touch with the author the Star Track. What specifically it stole in your opinion? Authorship? At whom? In what it is expressed? Who complains and on what is concrete? Please give links to sources of claims/

Add: Now it turned out that we do not know for certain exactly who the author Subway Dancer Star Track
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I think he was voicing concerns about the Mission file being modded without permission sig, I'm not sure if anyone has heard from Atan in a while, and i don't think outrage would even notice, so it'd be near impossible to get permission from them.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

thanks. I can say that not least, it was modified, including, Subway Dancer since this level now is in online one of popular in players. In my opinion, attempts to improve popular levels can be encouraged only. Especially as it turned out successfully, in my opinion