today I can happily announce that my new mod XInstaReap (eXtended InstaReap) is now stable and available for download!
What is XInstaReap and how does it differ from InstaReap?
XInstaReap is a further developed version of the original InstaReap mod. The following changes have been applied to it
- Bugfix: The crosshair will now change to the MD crosshair when making the first shot (like in Team-InstaReap) - however, the first shot won't get lost
- New: Free AB coolers for everyone!
- New: Anti cheat functionality: Used weapons and shot frequencies will be monitored
- New: All shots now have the color of the ship which shoots them
- Removed: Outrage logo
- Restriction: XInstaReap "only" supports up to 16 players because of not having enough weapons for coloring the shots
- Restriction: XInstaReap should only be run on dedicated servers. Otherwise, problems may occur with notifications, weapon colors or the anti cheat functionality
Here are some download mirrors - I might add some more in the future:
http://www.vex-mania.de/sites/default/f ... ap_v25.zip
Extract the files "XInstaReap.d3m", "XInstaReap30.d3m" and "XInstaReap_o.so" to ~/.loki/descent3/netgames.
If you didn't already, put the file "dmfc.so" into a library directory of your choice, e.g. /usr/local/lib.
Extract the files "XInstaReap.d3m", "XInstaReap30.d3m" and "XInstaReap_o.dll" to (your D3 main directory)\netgames.
I have put the source code on Github - use it for whatever you like as long as you follow the rules of the Outrage license (which basically means that you aren't allowed to do any commercial stuff with it). If anybody wants to commit changes or improvements - I'm open for pull requests
I've got the original source code from "Grim" and extended it - but I didn't clean it so the code isn't very clean, but I still hope that it can be used as a reference for coders.