GOG Descent 3 + Mercenary - No Black Pyro?!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

GOG Descent 3 + Mercenary - No Black Pyro?!

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Lost my disks a while back, or maybe they're in storage, or my dog ate them (wait, I don't have a dog! Who's dog at my disks?!). Anyway, I've been playing on Steam for a while now, but never bought the separate Mercenary expansion that they sell for the same price as the game. Then GOG put Descent 3 + Mercenary on sale and I grabbed it. This morning I finally removed the Steam version and installed the one I purchased from GOG. But there is no Black Pyro to be found in the pilot configuration/ship selection!! Has anyone else had this problem with the GOG product?

I looked on the (dead) GOG Descent 3 forum, and apparently there have been one or two complaints, but the only suggestion I found was that you needed to launch from the Mercenary shortcut, which I knew was wrong (but tried anyway with no success).

What he hell, GOG... I'm going to contact GOG, but I wanted to throw this out here just in case or FYI.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: GOG Descent 3 + Mercenary - No Black Pyro?!

Post by Krom »

Don't you have to play through the tutorials and or the first couple of levels to unlock the BP for single player? (Although it should be immediately available for multiplayer...)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I don't think selection of the Black Pyro in the player configuration is dependent on progress in the Mercenary missions. Multiplayer is what I'm going for. I've sent a support request in to GOG.com, but because of the nature of the issue I think I would almost have to start a campaign for other people to contact them as well in order for something to be done about it (unless I underestimate GOG.com).
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

In mercenary you never get the option to choose your ship. If you've beaten level 2 of the campaign you will always fly a black pyro when playing mercenaries on that pilot, even if you go back to levels 1 and 2.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

If I remember right, there is a registry entry that needs to be in place in order to use the Mercenary data...

This might help: http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php/ ... l#msg18690