Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #7!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #7!

Post by Lady Silver »

Descent 3 pilots! Let's mix it up again this week and play some Monsterball!

Date: Friday October 16th
Time: 10:00 pm EST
Place: Monsterball in Circuit Breaker
&------CTF in Seleg Prime

We will start with Circuit Breaker, moving onto Seleg Prime afterwards.
These games can be found using the Descent trackers, but I will also provide IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is also being posted on the Descent Champions and the Descendent Studios forums.

Thanks goes to Foil for once again hosting the servers for us!

LET'S PLAY SOME MONSTERBALL & CTF! :D
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #7!

Post by Mickey1 »

I'll be there for Circuit Breaker at least.
Sanders / Gabbard 2020
shaleblade
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaleblade »

Trying to get my game working, but when I join a server via Vortex, the game window's relegated to the top-right of my screen, which still only shows part of it. It locks my cursor in the center of the screen, and when I click it takes me to desktop.

...And when I tried to recreate it, it worked fine. :?
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Glad to hear it, Mickey! See you there!

Shaleblade: Hmm, I've only used vortex a handful of times, so I don't really know how to help you... :frown:
I just join servers the good old fashioned way: Write down the IP, go to Direct TCP/IP in the game menu and type it in manually. Hey, it works. :)

The game is in about 1 1/2 hours and we I have several interested pilots; this is going to be good. :D

Here are the IP addresses as promised:
Circuit Breaker, Monsterball: 73.34.23.92:2095
Seleg Prime, CTF: 73.34.23.92:2096

I'll see you in the mines very soon! Prepare for Descent! 8)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Well, the night didn't go as planned, I'll put it that way. ;)

When the monsterball server was running smoothly it was a lot of fun. We maxed out the 10 player server pretty quickly. It was non-stop action. I'm not used to playing with so many pilots in such close proximity to each other! :blink: :lol: Lasers, plasma, vauss & MD rounds flying in both directions with concs, frags and naps being thrown in the mix. Whew! Extremely fast paced. Would definitely play that again.

"Play the game, girly" After I was caught shooting a -certain pilot- instead of the big green monsterball :P LOL I must have been confused, sorry... :wink: :lol:

Yes, the servers were acting up, so much so that we could not play in them for long. Very lossy for whatever reason. Fireball started a backup server for us, but that was acting up too by kicking us all off after a few minutes of play. :( We tried moving to Varicose Veins for some CTF, but that was lossy, too. Finally someone suggested we go to MD Hall for some Instareap. I think that was the biggest instareap game I have ever played, we had 7 - 8 players . Yes, Flossy kicked all our pyro's, but it was fun hearing all the banter in mumble and having vendettas against certain pilots here and there! :D haha

Mickey and Shaleblade: thanks for coming. I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience, but I'm glad we got some good play in there. :)

There will be a game this coming Friday too, guys. Details will be posted soon.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I'll look into what happened on the server, but my hunch is that there was also an event simultaneously scheduled in The Underverse (also run by [RIP]/DRH, on the same server machine) and it required too much bandwidth or CPU.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

I'm sorry, plans have changed and there will not be a scheduled game this Friday.

I will do my best to hop on mumble at 10 pm EST though. [url]mumble://mumble.descentrangers.com:31393[/url]
If you guys want to meet with me and figure something out, that would be cool! There are always many many servers up just waiting for pilots; including Team Anarchy, CTF, Instareap etc.
Hopefully I will have something together by the following Friday. :)

Have a good week!

See you in the mines! :)