Prox mines; how to use them...

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Prox mines; how to use them...

Post by El Ka Bong »

Hi Folks !

And Hi To the pilot called "Sunchos-Benis" ... ( is that you Sun' ..?)

.. In Burning Indica last night I found a bunch of Pyros playing like crazy. One was Sunchos-Peniis... But I was scolded / asked not to use prox mines. I was using them all over the place, knowing that they cause lag etc, ... But I also tried to be "strategic" with how I used them. There were gobs of prox mines to pick up, so I'd lay them all over the place; filling a room for eg, then I'd pop a mortar in there, and blow each one up, usually getting a lazy kill or two that way.

So: does anyone ever feel there is a "acceptable" use of prox mines? Maybe using them just to throw off homers and Smart palsma ..? Or how about my "method" of just wiping out a room full of action, hoping for a lazy kill ?... I am not so good at flying these days, So I'll use any trick ( lame or not) to blow you'all up.. Forgive my noobie tactics any of you purist pilots !

Oh, and Sunchos-Fenis.... You asked about my dog(s) ... that you met at Califest 2003, but you left the game before I replied or made you eat more of my prox mines; well the black one (Nino) is still thriving ( about to perform stud services actually !). But my white one (Luna) was put down about two months ago.

Anyhow; D3 is still thriving ! Those like me and Suncho, and all of those of us who are genetically predisposed to Descent addiction are keeping this game going ! ... Prox mines or not !

Ciao

P.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Anything that increases the lag is unacceptable.

And any server op that leaves prox mines in a level is a dumbass.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

So... No Proxes For you!
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

That was me last night bong, and your an idiot for using them. So is Slappy for putting them in the game. Signs of a pathetic server op.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Yea, each one (unless fixed) acts like a player in the game, sending positional info to all clients, because they have the ability to move. Don't use proxmines. Al you do is @#$% up the game.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Ahh... Suncho-Peenis is Bill ! Hi Bill ! Bill : Are you going to make it to the South Oregon House party / LAN ..?

... I have never seen so many prox mine power ups !...! since everyone else's spew was full of unused proxmine powerups, I'd just come by and pick up a pyro-ful in an instant .. ! I was making a real mess.. !

Ok, ... I'll try to be more skilled, tactful , and not such a noob by plopping proxes all over ... Instead, I could whip around using the Omega cannon, firing while I strafe you all !
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

I think, sometime, someone should mod the proxy mines so they can't be moved and actually make them useable.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

^
durrrr
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I think it's hardcoded. (Not sure)
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

So if it is, you can still make a new weapon with the new proxy mine effects and set it to be a countermeasure.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

No its REALLY hard coded, a limitation of the game engine will not allow you to make a replacement that works.
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

proxymines are robots, like all mines in d3. they add a little lag, but not that much, coop is working good too with lots more robots.

but i think there is no way of making a proxmine with the standard weapons-gam, you allways need to make it a robot and code a ai for it. the problem with normal weapons is that they are not touched by other weapons, so you could make a mine that explodes when a ship is touching it with the gams, but it would not blow up if you shot at it.