Theya re getting more

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Theya re getting more

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It seems that over the last few weeks, there have been more hackers in D3 than ever.

This just blows. Can't find any game that doens't have some moron using a bug in the level(in the wall trick) or using an outright hack.

It's bad also that if you really kick ass, people accuse you of cheating no matter what happens.

This game will die much faster if this keeps up.

It would be nice to have a list of email addresses to email the server op's when we find the person in there. I'd gladly email them the instant I find one.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I'm debating weather to close this or not..
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Stop debating, start closing. There is no point to this.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

No point to this thread? WTF. Man we need to change the MOD's in here cause they are on a power trip.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

I would assume the point of closing this is that it has been talked to death already. So if you people who have already disussed this could share the final result with us who have not really seen an answer it would be nice. But I have a feeling there really is no answer, it is just to much trouble and consumes to much time to stop them. Image
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

No, there's no point to this thread. It's whiny and self-obvious, not to mention that it's been talked to death.

The reason for all the cheaters is pretty simple: It's called "the holidays", and lots of kids with lots of free time.

Don't worry...all the 'big' hacks'll go away. Cheating in Descent isn't very rewarding unless you're pretty good in the first place, which means that only the l337 with door hacks, TCP hacks, table mods & infinitesimal ship hacks will remain, and they've been around forever anyhow, so who cares?

It's called "the internet". Translation: Gaming Ghetto... anything that happens online is so full of crap it doesn't mean anything... What with peenixes and 4-ship-width triple fusion, latency and loss, people who skip even when they're just pocket dodging, etc. and so forth....Who cares about some idiot hacker who's dead freaking obvious in his hacks.

The only reason the "big" hacks exist is for attention. Deny them the attention and they go away. Don't talk to 'em don't play with 'em just leave any game where you see them.

How hard is that?

Just relax and have fun on the Net with people you know. LAN is where this game really lives anyhow. Everything else is a joke.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"there's no point to this thread. It's whiny and self-obvious"

I thought as much. just makin sure.