R Axis in Mac D3 and my Joy

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

R Axis in Mac D3 and my Joy

Post by Fusion »

To my Fellow Mac Pilots,
I have a R axis prob, and wish for some input help.
Prob: Have aprox 4 year Saitek Cyborg USB using Input sprockets instead of Driver Software. R axis is at "zero" and keyboard ramping at "zero" in D3. If I have Twist acivated for bank on the stick, try to turn left, when I do so, I also seem to twist Left, making me corkscrew. :( This makes me outa control, having to let go of the stick to stop twisting when I want to turn. How can I correct this? Can altering my keyboard Ramping help?
In the mean time, have Bank twist disabled on my stick and programed into my n-52 for now.

Any help is apreciated.
[NuB]Fusion
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

It's not a mac problem

4 years old! good job

GO buy a jew joystick, unless you want to rip it apart and replace some wires in the handle
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Bubba,
have a new stick already with tension control buit into it.
It's a Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro. Great stick. Maybe should make it my primary Stick, and the Cyborg as a backup? Anyway, thx for the compliment on the length of time that i have had my Saitek. Was gonna go with the EVO as my new stick, but Saitek doesn't make it for the Mac, the dirty birds. :x So when I went shopping for new stick at local CompSUA store, they only had 2 Mac compat sticks, and I liked this one as the better choice.
[NuB]Fusion
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Fusion, don't know if i understood you correctly:
you say if you turn left, you also start to bank left, right?
I remember i had this problem with the Saitek, i just played around with the sensivity of the banking controls ... it should not be too sensitive.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Could you possibly be unconciously twisting your wrist a little when you turn? Some times the simplest and least obvious...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Get rid of the profile software. It's inhereantly evil. I have a Cyborg 3D gold USB. It's a great stick and very durable. best 30 bucks I've spent. .... 2 years ago. :mrgreen:

I have to agree Fusion. Your discription of your problem is scetchy. There have been driver updates recently. Try using the drivers ment for the stick and see what happens. Also, try calibrating the stick in whatever menu is comparable to "Control Panel" of windows.

The keyboard should not affect the stick in any way; so messing with the ramping will do nothing. set the 3 lower AXIS in the D3 stick config menu to 0. There are 6 axis listed. Try uninstalling the stick and blowing away any drivers and / or software completely.

....btw.. "apreciated" should have 2 "P"'s. :wink:
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

:) TY all for responding.
Duper- X/Y/R sensitivity is at 0 already. there is no driver software. R axis on stick is turned off. Calibration is done in D3 itself. By lower three do you mean the slide controls and throttle? I have those set at my max, which is 2. Don't use throttle for thrust, that's in my n-52.

Vulcan- Can't help twisting left when want to turn left i certain situations during game. I was in a a ctf practice game in halcyon, had R axis on, and when I wanted to turn left, all I was doing was corkscrews,banking left, even tho had pulled stick to go left. That's why have R off in game. Got blown up in that game, got frustrated, then reset R mode on Stick back to off and autolev back on.

Pandora- Doesn't matter what my sensitivity is(currently R/X/Y is at 0) and I still feel like I am flying outa control. Team members are trying to teach me how to trichord, but how can I if I don't have control over my x/y axis as it is? Control over the basic directions should come first, wouldn't you agree?

and even tho every1 says turn off auto lev, I need it to give me that extra bit of control.