Video: Descent - Hysteria

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Video: Descent - Hysteria

Post by Blackhole »

The video maker is BACK! Again! And this time with a new video to a trance song. If this movie is in any way derogatory, insulting, shameful, stupid, meaningless, or otherwise harmful to your general health, please throw yourself into a meat grinder =)

Enjoy!

Descent - Hysteria (High res: 50 megs)
Descent - Hysteria (Youtube version pending)
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

The music is fine... but that's an awful lot of Skybox. It would help if you varied the levels more. Skybox isn't very photogenic. Every corridor looks like the one before it and it's very dark to capture video on. :P

*throws myself into meat grinder!*
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I hate Skycrack.
The Lion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by The Lion »

I think the problem is that Skybox is played -
  1. pretty much constantly,
  2. with 8+ people, and
  3. with tanks, fusion, napalm, mortars, and 4pack homers, if not also including
  4. megas, BPs, and microwave...
Did I forget anything?

Edit: yes... I forgot to mention that the high-res download is broken, despite
me having temporarily turned on JS and allowed session cookies for the site.
I could view the low-res youtube version via videodl.org though, and the blocks
and artifacts all looked perfectly clear. :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It felt like random clips where being just cut to the beat of the song. The contrast in action between clips didn't change very much so you couldn't build tension or do much of anything to work with your audience's emotion.

Still, these videos are a lot of fun to make.
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

I just tested the High-res download and it worked for me. It must be one of your browser settings.

I'm beginning to lose enthusiasm over these videos. They are taking far too long to make, and apparently aren't garnering up a very impressive fanlist, nor being enjoyed nearly as much.

:cry:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

No i think we all are waiting for your next video.

As a fan i want you to try this:
listen to a song with your finger on the pause button.
Play it a bit then draw out a few stills of what the video should have. Play another four to ten seconds then draw out some more. Then build your video around these pictures. If you're not doing anything else, we should see a new video here in 3 days.
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

but i AM doing something else. Lots of stuff. Like programming a game :lol: (stupid memory leaks :( )

Maybe later i will make a new video. I really honestly am getting sick of these music videos, you guys don't like the music that i like and end up not liking my flying either. I want to do some kind of voice actor scripted vid, but i don't have any actors. :cry:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Blackhole wrote:but i AM doing something else. Lots of stuff. Like programming a game :lol: (stupid memory leaks :( )

Maybe later i will make a new video. I really honestly am getting sick of these music videos, you guys don't like the music that i like and end up not liking my flying either. I want to do some kind of voice actor scripted vid, but i don't have any actors. :cry:

lol it's a cruel world
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Man. let's put any kind of video on the backburner, k? Adding another project isn't a good idea...
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

If you want to do a video, maybe you should go observer and record other people fighting.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

d3jake wrote:Man. let's put any kind of video on the backburner, k? Adding another project isn't a good idea...

Why can't he? Is he doing a project with you or something?
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Naw, just a friend concerned about his friend getting loaded down with projects...He's got a quite alot of them I say...
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

THREE! I HAVE THREE! :P

They're just large projects :lol:

The last time i used observer mode, people didn't like it. They said they liked flying around better.

:?
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Observer mode enables you to fly faster, which tends to annoy Descent players...

Yes, from what I've seen, your time is pretty packed. ;) However, if you're interested, I have an as-yet unreleased, nicely-balanced, fairly pretty level you could do some recording in if you could garner enough players...
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

I don't garner up players, testicle*cough* i mean Testiculese does :lol:
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

Blackhole wrote:but i AM doing something else. Lots of stuff. Like programming a game :lol: (stupid memory leaks :( )

No! we love them. keep 'em coming. screw what haters say
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

Why? There's no fun in making a video if no one is here to enjoy it. I'd rather work on my game, where i have an entire community oogling over it.

Besides, the amount of bias against descent 3 in this community makes me sick.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

★■◆● them. I love your videos. Make 'em for me. If d3Jake sends me FRAPS, and I can figure it out, I'ma make some videos. Then we can get shot down together.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

We'll see. Check your PMs.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Nice video. My only beef with is is the flashy transition effects. You might want to look for a video called \"Flail\" for a good example of almost seemless transitions. (You notice them, but its not like they slap you in the face to get you to notice.)