D3 Style Stealth Ship

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

D3 Style Stealth Ship

Post by []V[]essenjah »

So.... it's been a while. I've been very busy these past few years with college and such and nowadays I mod Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas mostly.

However, I thought I would share something I made a while back:

Made it in about 4-5 hours if I remember correctly. Was bored one day and just needed to get some stress off so let my creativity take me wherever it wanted to go. Was in a bit of a Descent related mood too.

I think it could probably be easily modified for in-game use if anyone would be interested?

Thought about texturing it and maybe throwing it into a level or something as a stealth ship. Would be best though if a programmer could devise a cloaking device of some sort for it. Kinda had a stealth ship in-mind.

Years ago, Wolf_on_Air (sorry if I got the name wrong), made a piece of code that allowed a ship to cloak, which was used in my mod 3-Ships (Believe it was that one). Anyway, if I could get permission to use that again, it could be a neat little project. I would need to have a way to contact him for permission to use it again unless anyone knows enough C++ to re-write the script used for this.

Just sort-of tossing it out there. Not really sure if I want to pursue such a project when so few play D3 these days.
Wolf on Air
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: D3 Style Stealth Ship

Post by Wolf on Air »

Go wild. I don't even remember that (Eris almighty, it's been a decade, what happened? :shock: )

I guess it'd be lucky if you still have the source (.cpp file), I certainly don't. I have no idea anymore how or what it did, but if you can figure out how to work it, here's offical perpetual license for everyone to do whatever the hell they want (WTFPL) to it (or anything else I did for the Descent series).

Edit: "Last visit was: Sat 17th Dec 2005 16:51" :frown:
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

LOL, hey Wof on Air, good to see you. Been about a decade since we talked hehe. Hope life is treating you well and appreciate the permissions.

I just happened to find this sitting on my heard drive and thought about the gold old days of Descent. I have long since stopped modding the Descent series but figured it might be worth a week or so project at some point during the school year. We will see how it goes though hehe.
sdfgeoff
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sdfgeoff »

Is that ... Blender?
I've been working on DEEP Space in blender, and if you wish to donate your ship to the cause, I'll be happy to include it!
Eh?