Class 1 Drone Matcen

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Class 1 Drone Matcen

Post by DescentMan04 »

I played D3 the other day and when I was on level 13, I saw a class 1 drone matcen near the entrance from the engine core in one of the hallways and was just wondering if anyone else ever saw it too. I think a couple of them spew out class 1's but the one I found was making them exclusively and didnt wanna seem to stop. Its like those Orbot matcens, they just keep going and going. I also saw that little hunter robot that says "dont shoot me! im not like the others!", of course I blew him up anyways and just took a screenshot *I dont think I have it anymore*. I just thought yall would enjoy that, im sure youve seen all of this and so much more but just thought id pass it along. Also I found 3 of those generator things with the glowing crystals in them and some of them disable turrets and other things, ones near the juggernaut, the other is near the hangar with the stormtrooper leader *the green/gray/blue one with the vauss on steroids* and another one is down in that powercore like place with the spinning things and the forcefeild below the aft matcen switch area. I also found several datalinks detailing information about the stormtroopers taking over and stuff about the engine core being sealed off and something about the starhawk fighters but I never actually saw any starhawks although there are models for them in the d3.hog, I guess that was just a little something outrage never got around to using, although I did see some promo shots with them in it a while back before D3 came out, if anybody knows anything about these, itd be nice to hear from you. I also saw that non accessable room with the class 1 drone, the dude walking around and a bunch of other junk as well, that was cool. When I was on lvl 15, down near the boss area, I found some secret type of areas *which resemble lvl 3 rooms* that had lots of goodies in them, just watch out for the advanced stingers, gyros and those omega cannon troopers and I think theres even a couple of Dravis' thugs in there too in black pyros. Anyways I just thought id pass this all along. Its a fun game overall, I still play it in single player.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

yah i know about all those things.

those datalinks are there for a reason, they were human log data inputdevices.

the generators are there and very well hidden as you can see. but they are meant to help one if they know what they are powering.

the Class 1 matcens well..... you find a few Class 1 drones here and there in a few D3 levels. they are simply just big flying bombs in D3, they dont shoot like they did in D1 and D2, they just hunt you down and detonate when they hit you
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

yah i know about all those things.
those datalinks are there for a reason, they were human log data inputdevices.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I know that, I think its interesting just to bump them and see what they say, some of it is really interesting and really they shouldve made those things be more intertwined with the plot *i.e give you hints and other things that would be necessary or at least very helpful in completeting the tasks*.

-------------------------------------------------------------
the generators are there and very well hidden as you can see. but they are meant to help one if they know what they are powering.

Yeah I never really noticed exactly what they turned off, except the turret one but they probably powered some matcens *i.e the bay 32 matcen* and things like that. I actually like the robot generators in D3 because they look more like machines and less like some weird spiderwebs Image Although that gave a kind of creepy alein feel to the levels. I think as far as the plot goes, the mechs installed the materialization webs to increase their takeover of the mines with actual modified infected mechs, while in D3 the PTMC/CED used the matcens to create robots for security reasons or to repair certain things. Ive played that game so much ive kind of figured out the purpose for alot of the things there.

-----------------------------------------------------------
the Class 1 matcens well..... you find a few Class 1 drones here and there in a few D3 levels.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I think its kind of funny that they use such a simple and outdated drone when they have those newer sleeker models of other drone-bots they could use, but I guess they use these ones for simply tasks that they dont want to waste money on more expensive robots to do the job. These mechs must do more than just mining duties though because you find them on the CED Dreadnaught and other facilities that are clearly not mining places so they must be some sort of basic drone that can do industrial or maintence work, probably used to get into all those little tight spots to fix things.

they are simply just big flying bombs in D3, they dont shoot like they did in D1 and D2, they just hunt you down and detonate when they hit you

Yeah I guess you could say that these mechs have some sort of explosive material inside their bodies so when they impact, they explode. I think a more ingenious idea, at least for level 10 to explain what happened is that when the reactor in the MN0012 facility exploded, it destroyed most of the drones in the mine but some survived but had massive internal damage and their power cells were unstable and their sensors were a mess and when they say the material defender, knowing their weapons were not functional, they tried to ram the ship but since their power cells were so badly damaged, the mechs exploded on impact. That would partially explain some of the little spark effects you see on some of the drones in there. They probably also did this to save energy as the energy centers in the mine were down and the drones needed to conserve energy until the mine was repaired *which it never is* and thus just did the next best thing to defend the mine, im sure since all the computer systems in the mine were down and the mechs were damaged as much as they were, the virus probably didnt exist in them anymore and the sole reason that rammed the MD is because they were disoreinted and couldnt tell a friend from a foe and just did what was needed to defend the mine. I guess thats an interesting story but just thought I might elaborate on why they did what they did, I bet outrage would like it too hehe. The Class 1's at the other places were probably just kamikaze drones full of explosives or their power cells were wired to detonate on impact, that would be even more impressive.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by DescentMan04:
When I was on lvl 15, down near the boss area, I found some secret type of areas *which resemble lvl 3 rooms* that had lots of goodies in them, just watch out for the advanced stingers, gyros and those omega cannon troopers and I think theres even a couple of Dravis' thugs in there too in black pyros. Anyways I just thought id pass this all along. Its a fun game overall, I still play it in single player.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is another secret to Level 15 that you can disable all the MatCens in the level ( minus the matcens past the Inner Doors ) when i get a stick again hit me up with a email and i will show you this secret.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Ive actually found that secret Matcen room and have disabled all the matcens there and I got the megas and black shark there too, I also think theres a cloaking device/invuln in there too and a couple other goodies, lots of good stuff to use on the boss. Ive played thru that level 2 times without invuln or cheats but the rest of the time I just used cheats because I wanted to try different things. I also did the reactor thing with the fuse and that was fun, it was just annoying to try to get the ball to land near the rocks to blow them open. I think its kind of dumb how a small explosive can open the blockage but heated plasma and mega missles cant? Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by DescentMan04:
Ive actually found that secret Matcen room and have disabled all the matcens there and I got the megas and black shark there too, </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how did you get that forcefield to drop, i have never been able to get that to work?!?!?!?!
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

There are seven switches around the main one that resets them all, you have to hit the switches in this order
53274. You need to count from left to right though. The rightmost switch is 7 and the leftmost is 1, youll know when youve done it because the GB will say something about a forcefeild and all the matcens being shut down and of course the forcefeild will be gone and the gb should make that sound it makes when you accomplish an objective. This device only works on the matcens around the regular part os the facility though, the matcens inside of Dravis' inner sanctum still work and I think they never run out of bots either, at least the stinger one doesnt.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i know the sequence but everytime i complete it, that forcefield DOES NOT drop... all matcens are down and the status board is dark. but the forcefield remains up
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Strange...it always worked fine for me. A latent 1.4 bug, maybe?
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I have 1.4, it always works fine for me. Only problem I have with 1.4 is level 10 *the transmitter room with the blue crystals* the level keeps crashing but besides that 1.4 seems alot more stable than some of the earlier patches which gave me more trouble but really ive never had any issues with lvl 15. Maybe the problem has do with your pc or your copy of D3 specifically.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

I have 1.4, it always works fine for me. Only problem I have with 1.4 is level 10 *the transmitter room with the blue crystals* the level keeps crashing</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you shooting out the windows from the control room and trying to fly out into the room......if so dont. go underneath the Plasma Node room and shoot the windows out from the outside then fly into the control room. thats the bug this i know from many times of crashing with this very same issue.

have you found the tunnel that takes you back to the hanger that you started in? try this, do not shoot at the turrets at the start, instead go quietly into the tunnel and make your way back to the vertical tunnel that has the two little red laser turrets. along the wall you will find a small tunnel entryway with some walking guards, kill them and fly down the tunnel and kill the remaining walkers. now you will come to a large room with a few items and you will find a switch on the wall at the far end on the left side...shoot it, it will unlock the door that was originally behind you and to your left as you flew into the first tunnel at the beginning that was "Locked". open it and shoot at the turrets.......they have been disabled from the door being unlocked and the hanger is no longer secure.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I tried the control room thing both ways but each time ive always destroyed the turrets in the hangar first because ive wanted to explore it and destroy the turrets to get the energy and sheild powerups. I guess ill have to start the level fresh and just sneak into the mine and work my way around and do that thing you suggested when I get to the CED vault. Ill see if it works.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

email me, i might try to fly with KB and Mouse just to show you around the levels you dont know about a few secrets or what not, or if you have any questions about a level. plus ill show you about my issue with the forcefield on 15 and the matcen control room. if i cant find at least a half working stick ill just use basic controls and you will have to cover my arse with weapnos fire( i know i have a worn out logitech FFB Wingman at my parents place, or i can use my dads MS Sidewinder
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I dont know what my internet situation with D3 is though, I havent done multiplayer on it in a long time, ive always rather done single player and I dunno if id be able to do it or not. I actually played level 10 and I didnt destroy the turrets in the hanger and I STILL had the game crash in the big room at the end and I tried entering it from different angles too.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

no, dont go into the control room first, grrrrrrrr....ill have to show you. can you just try to get online with D3, if you can email me and ill show you the things im talking about
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I did what you said and I even tried to get into that big room and the control room different ways and it still crashes on me. I dont think I can get online for D3 because I dont even know if im still on PXO or even what my name there is, because I have a new computer since I was on multiplayer and I dont really have any of my multiplayer info anyways. It was too confusing for me and I cant stay online long enough to play anyways because I only have one phone line and cant be online for very long. If you just gave me a detailed description and maybe some screenshots then maybe id understand what youre trying to say.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

okay, time to do this the hard way.......... Image

i will grab screen shots of each step and how to do each step and show you the extras that i was talking about.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Thanks, yeah pictures usually help me out alot better. Image Ive got lots of screenshots that I take of things all the time, I even took some of when I disabled that matcen again on lvl15 the other night and I also blew open that cave with the reactor in it which took alot of work, I guess my pyro wasnt designed to play fooseball Image I also destroyed the boss mech on that level but I took a while to get rid of it so i could take screenshots of all its weapons in action, but almost got fried cuz of it because I wasted most of my weapons taunting it to do its thing Image Finally I got my GB to shoot it with the anti-virus and the burned it real good and stopped the level jus before me and my buddy bot were gonna go fry dravis. I still think they shouldve made that last part into some sort of first person thing where ya get outta the pyro and have me and the buddy bot walk down the hallway and blast open his door and see who could nail him first, after throwing his desk aside and shoving his arse up against the wall. Image The FMV was cool but it wouldve been fun to do it the REAL way!!! Besides im sure most of us have been waitin for that for 3 fricken games! I shouldve been able to shoot him cuz I wouldve got him in one shot when it took the GB half a dozen fricken flares to finally tag him. Anyways cant wait to see those screenshots, bet theyre good.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

its in progress and im compiling text and pics in a large presentation. i need to know this, do you have Word 2000, PowerPoint2000 ETC ETC?? if not ill make a larger version with text separate from the pics with picture references
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Yeah ive got word and powerpoint and all those nifty microsoft things and theyre 2000 as well so those r the ones youre looking for, I just checked so those things you wanna send me oughta work just fine on em.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

its on the works...give me a couple days or so more