I can't find this switch!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I can't find this switch!

Post by NighTTripper »

You must locate the nano defense activation switch. Once you're through this tunnel, you'll be relatively safe (watch your back though, those seeker mines can travel far!). Release your GuideBot and get it to locate the switch. Follow it to a room with several columns. Behind the first column on your left will be the switch; fire at it to deactivate the nano defenses.

This is from the help website and the guidebot has NO menu item for this switch. Why? And where is this room \"with several columns. Behind the first column on your left will be the switch; fire at it to deactivate the nano defenses.\"? Can someone please help me?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hey Welcome to the site Tripper. Couple things. This would be better in the single player forum, but that's ok; we can get a mod to move it.

Second. What level is this? This the data base vault?

near the top of the vault (inside) there is a room with three of those over hanging control panel dock looking things. There is a room with 3 of them. On the back there is 2 switches of each. They turn something off and on. Turn them all off. One is the nano defence power. Wait, I think that one turns on the power to a data core spawn. turn that on. The other is is just a mekcen.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Single Player Forum?

Post by NighTTripper »

thanx for the info :) I thought there wasn't a single Player forum. What's it's forum name? Also, I said there was no menu item for the Guidebot to this switch. How does the walkthrough get something that's non existent in my PC game? By the way, I'm in the CED Lunar command base, in the Data Vault.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Single Player Forum?

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

NighTTripper wrote:thanx for the info :) I thought there wasn't a single Player forum. What's it's forum name?
Descent Single Player

Gday NighTTripper.

Welcome to the board. :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a GB option for it. There's a lot of scripting to this level for sure and it wouldn't take anything to overlook that detail. I'll post a walk through to the switch later today. (I need something to do anyways.) ;)

It may have been fixed in the 1.5 patch that was floating around. Does anyone know if it was? I would recommend 1.5 for single player only as most play on-line with 1.4 as 1.5 was an official release and does not work well with Mac for Linux.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Thanx

Post by NighTTripper »

Thanx dood. That would be Awsome :)
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
NighTTripper wrote:thanx for the info :) I thought there wasn't a single Player forum. What's it's forum name?
Descent Single Player

Gday NighTTripper.

Welcome to the board. :)
Thanx. I am used to webboards, but each one is different. This is my second subject, by the way, :)

And u must be Aussie too as you got the "G'Day" right ;)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

NighTTripper wrote:This is my second subject, by the way, :)
Yes I know. I seen the post about the "Walk-Through" request.

I didn't get a chance to welcome ya then.
So I am now. ;)
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
NighTTripper wrote:This is my second subject, by the way, :)
Yes I know. I seen the post about the "Walk-Through" request.

I didn't get a chance to welcome ya then.
So I am now. ;)
Thanx dood. Your welcome ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Ok here we go. This one is the first door once you enter the vault.

(Sorry the the pics are soooo dark, I tried to fix this with little results.) Lighten your monitor. :P

This is looking through the same door now that it's open. Fly straight through this room to get to the switch. (side note: There is a prep room you MUST go in off this chamber to finish the game.)

Here's looking in that door into the next room. go through to behind the panels there in back and go down the shaft.

This is what you will see from the bottom of the shaft. Go through that door at the opposite end.

Again, go straight through.

This will take you into the switching room. The switch you want is the first one on the left.

Shoot the switch on the back ONCE.
Leave the others lone. You can shoot them to see what they are, but make sure you leave them in the \"ON\" position.

Once you are done, go back to 2 rooms and go down this shaft and through the door.

Once in that room, BUMP into these two switches

Then blow through the glass, bump the switch near the floor and then out the door in the lower area and go get the node by just following the doors. (bump the switch over the node.)

Hope this helps. There's plenty to wander around in, in this map. This was simply the most direct route to the switch in question.

Have fun!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Duper wrote:
Hope this helps. There's plenty to wander around in, in this map.

Have fun!
including getting back into the hanger that you started out in through a locked back door!
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Thanx

Post by NighTTripper »

thanx for the pictures. I got the switch from those. :) By the way, what prog did you use to post the pictures?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

www.irfanview.com

It's free. Also, take screenshots with \"PrntScrn\" button. They are saved as a .tga file in the main D3 directory. From there you can use ifranview to do anything ya want with them.

Oh, I posted the pics at: Photobucket.com