Still active force fields!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Still active force fields!

Post by NighTTripper »

Below is a shot of the single switch

Below is a shot of three switches

Below is a shot of Still active force Fields!

Where are the switches for the active force fields in the picture? :)

I think when the force fields are inactive I can find the other switches for the prison. :) This area is in the first area after the caves, around the right turning curving corridor, at the end after the force field is dealt with.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

I think the switches in the curved corridor have to all be turned on within a given time frame once the first one is toggled. Otherwise they reset back to their original off positions. So once you fire upon one, you afterburn around the curved room and fire upon the others as quickly as you can before the first one resets.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Switches

Post by NighTTripper »

I think you read that I was in the prison area. Sorry for that.:) I am talking about the first area AFTER the cave entrance, not the prison area. The switches in the pictures STAY on. ;) If you ENLARGE the one with the boxes in it, you will see three switches TOGETHER through the window. The ones in the prison area are equidistant and not in a group like these ones. ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

There is a wheel in that area against a wall that needs to be destroyed too. Don't get too close as it will do a heck of a lot of damage to you as well.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wheel

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:There is a wheel in that area against a wall that needs to be destroyed too. Don't get too close as it will do a heck of a lot of damage to you as well.
You mean this one? :)

Already done this one, but force fields are still on. :(
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

If you hit something like alt-f8, you can look through the hud message log. Will see something about a backup generator activated. These are BEHIND the forcefield. You need to destroy it. It can be done and yes.. without cheating. Oh, also; shift-tab will give you an menu that allows you to view the map, the briefing, and a complete list of objectives that the GB will lead you to (most of the time)

Solution is below if you want.

[spoiler] Use the vauss cannon and shoot at the generator. It will kill the generator and deactivate it. Don't get too close or you will take damage of course. Another way is using a mega missile but this is generally considered cheating for some reason.[/spoiler]
Ziqidel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ziqidel »

Oh yeah, I remember those secret areas in Retribution Level 11 - You are supposed to fire flares at the forcefield when you are right in front of it. The four heavy flak turrets in the room behind will shoot at you, and end up fragging the generators, opening the force field. 8)

No waste of ammunition that way.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Since when and by whom is using a Mega considered cheating?
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I've read it here not too long ago. Someone said that it takes our points to zero or some such. *shrug*
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Ziqidel wrote:Oh yeah, I remember those secret areas in Retribution Level 11 - You are supposed to fire flares at the forcefield when you are right in front of it. The four heavy flak turrets in the room behind will shoot at you, and end up fragging the generators, opening the force field. 8)

No waste of ammunition that way.
Didn't know about that way. Thanx
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:If you hit something like alt-f8, you can look through the hud message log. Will see something about a backup generator activated. These are BEHIND the forcefield. You need to destroy it. It can be done and yes.. without cheating. Oh, also; shift-tab will give you an menu that allows you to view the map, the briefing, and a complete list of objectives that the GB will lead you to (most of the time)

Solution is below if you want.

[spoiler] Use the vauss cannon and shoot at the generator. It will kill the generator and deactivate it. Don't get too close or you will take damage of course. Another way is using a mega missile but this is generally considered cheating for some reason.[/spoiler]
I did it that way and it worked. Thanx