D2 Level 18 Reactor Force Field, how to open it?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

ohmster
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D2 Level 18 Reactor Force Field, how to open it?

Post by ohmster »

Okay I am stuck again. I am in D2 at level 18. The reactor is behind a force field and I cannot find the switch to open it. I have even send guided missles through and was able to take out the reactor that way and end the level but there must be some way to open this bad boy. Anyone know how?

TIA

~Ohmster
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I never figured that one out, so I just used Guideds untill the thing died... :roll:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

um .. look for a switch in the ceiling some ways away. If that's the level I'm thinking of. It's in an inconspicuous place.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

from in front of the force field(face on) back up all the way then turn right fly into the nitch and go up-should be there
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Hiya, Ohmster. You said you've been to my page in a.g.d. There's been a demo of this switch for ages, check my D2 how-tos.
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
ohmster
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ohmster »

Theftbot wrote:from in front of the force field(face on) back up all the way then turn right fly into the nitch and go up-should be there
Oh dam dude. It was exactly where you said it was! I thought I checked every one of those niches and I guess I missed that one. Thanks for your help, good deal and Merry Christmas! :)

(This game is so much gosh darned fun with D2X-DL now at 1200x1600!)

~Ohmster
~Ohmster
ohmster
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ohmster »

Moon wrote:Hiya, Ohmster. You said you've been to my page in a.g.d. There's been a demo of this switch for ages, check my D2 how-tos.
MOON! You are still alive!!! Hey, you have the greatest site to Descent that ever was. I cannot find it anymore, could you give me a link please? Thanks good buddy.

Oh, the new version of D2X-XL is fixed up a lot now. You can save and restore in a secret level if you want to, when you enter a secret level with invulnarability or cloak, you keep them when you return from the secret level now. Used to be, you would lose them when you return from the secret level. Oh it is sooooo good now, you should give it a try again Moon. Maybe it will work for you now, I remember you saying that it would always crash on you.

Thank you and Merry Christmas Moon!

~Ohmster
~Ohmster
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

I am, due to Diedel releasing new versions all the time it runs fine on my machine.
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you