D2 Level 24 grates

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

D2 Level 24 grates

Post by Tunnelcat »

Has anybody found the way to open the grates that divide the two circular tunnels found on the final level? I've explored around and looked for hidden switches or doors but I haven't found a way to get all those goodies yet.
Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »

Behind one of the grates is a 20x20 wall, open this wall and there is a control panel you need to break. That's just one of them. Many of the secrets in this level are like this - you need to break panels that are hidden behind walls hidden behind grates/forcefields. They're almost impossible to find since they're \"double hidden\"; and almost as impossible to explain in words :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Thanks, I know what methods you're talking about. It will take me awhile to try that out since I just re-installed Descent 2 and haven't worked my way through the levels again.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Get really good at firing guided missiles through tiny holes in grates. You'll need to.

edit: Oh and save once you open one before going in. It's possible to lock yourself out of one of the items in there so be careful.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I could give you a \"step by step\" to get every single powerup in that level... but truly that would ruin all the fun for you.

go hunting! (and enjoy!) 8)
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

been there, done that

Post by Moon »

TechPro wrote:I could give you a "step by step" to get every single powerup in that level... but truly that would ruin all the fun for you.
Especially since this has been up for ages on my level 24 page ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, I remember a level in Descent 3 that you had to fire a guided missile down a small tunnel with a right hand turn near it's end to get to a switch in a sealed room. That turn was a real challenge to make.
I like to use the Vulcan cannon when trying to shoot through grates if at all possible, it uses less ammo.
There are times you have to go around a corner though. Bouncing Phoenix rounds off walls is a good tactic to flush out hidden robots or open doors if you want to save your guided missiles for more challenging spots.