Descent Questions

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Descent Questions

Post by Dakatsu »

A few random questions about the Descent 3 story and campaign:
-Where/what is \"Tiris/Tirus\". In D3M-5 it says that that is where SRAD Research is (D3-3). Problem is I don't see anything about a planet or moon of that name.
-On the level in Zeta Aquilae, D3M-4, are those robots or the actual aliens that sent the robot virus? Is there anything there that reveals anything about the aliens or the virus?
-Does D3-6/D3-9 serve any other purpose than to gain an extra ship?
-What the HELL is the green blob thing in Area 1 of D3-S1?
-Are there any mentions of the CED in Descent 1-2?
-What are the Vertigo Missions, in terms of the storyline?

Thanks a heep!
Neumaennl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Neumaennl »

in the Vertigo missions you do not play MD-1032 but his successor since MD-1032 had this warpcore \"accident\" and PTMC still needed help
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I think it's called Tiris. Appears to be an invention, since I can't find anything by the same name elsewhere...

Descent 3 level 6 does not serve any purpose apart from to regain a crashed ship. Level 9, I'm not entirely sure but I think the primary point is still the ship.

D1 and 2 (including Vertigo) do not mention the CED. The first time they show up is in the first Descent 3 demo.

Vertigo was already mentioned. You play some other pilot whose callsign I don't remember, take up a job to clean out mines expecting \"light resistance\", get a lot more than that obviously, and then throw in the towel with the PTMC immediately afterward in front of a rather befuddled Dravis.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Tiris is a planet in the Beta-Ceti system, fictional obviously, but I've heard that system was also the setting for D2 Vertigo.

Interesting fact - Beta Ceti and Zeta Aquilae are real star systems, but the planets in there in Descent were made up.