level 4 - D3 Mercenary

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Adrian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

level 4 - D3 Mercenary

Post by Adrian »

I have just started level 4 and I'm in the circular room with the 3 teleports. One of them teleports me ok, the second one the door wont open fully to let you in as the bot also tells you (so I guess there's an objective somewhere first to be completed for this ) and the third teleport once you go in it deactivates and you cant get out.

I've read all of Moon's notes on this but cant find an answer in there. Am I missing something obvious here coz it's certainly proving elusive at the moment :?

Appreciate any help on this :wink:

Thankyou
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

There really aren't any objectives until after you teleport.
Just gather what weapons you can, kill the thief, and teleport.
Then you are going to be fighting some wasp-thingies, amongst other normal robots.
Stay stocked up on napalm for the wasps.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

In the room past the teleporters, there's a wierd texture on one wall with another (beigish) texture shaped sort of like an egg in the center. Fire vauss or any other matter weapon at that texture and it breaks like glass so you can get into the hive.

There will be more circular textures like that in the hive. Smash the large ones to destroy the forcefield generators. It sometimes takes a while to get all of them, but once you have you can go into the sealed hive quadrant and face what is (in my opinion) the coolest Descent boss ever.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

w3rd, and the coolest Boss death too !! :twisted:
Adrian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Adrian »

Alter-Fox wrote:In the room past the teleporters, there's a wierd texture on one wall with another (beigish) texture shaped sort of like an egg in the center. Fire vauss or any other matter weapon at that texture and it breaks like glass so you can get into the hive.
Excellent guys, cheers for that, was shootin at them before with the laser only, didnt think to use another weapon ! :wink: