Mouse doesn't hold for Mass Driver and Fusion Canon

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

AndreyT
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Mouse doesn't hold for Mass Driver and Fusion Canon

Post by AndreyT »

I have a strange problem trying to use mouse in Descent 3 ver 1.4. I have the primary fire button assigned to the left mouse button. When I press and hold it with Mass Driver selected it is supposed to zoom in and let me aim, and then discharge the MD as I release the button. Unfortunately it doesn't work this way. It does indeed zoom in, but it fires shortly after that, whithout waiting for me to release the button. Sometimes it fires instantly, sometimes it lets me aim for a couple of seconds, sometimes it actually \"holds\" as it is supposed to. The behavior seems to be random. The same issue exists with Fusion Canon.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

ImageImage
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

The simplest fix is to 'cap' your framerate to something like 60 or 80, by adding \"-framecap 60\" or \"-framecap 80\" (without the quotes) to the command-line options in the Descent3 launcher. You can play around with the number as needed.

But the link Grendel posted is really the best option, as it doesn't require any frame-capping.
Interceptor6
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Interceptor6 »

Do you have a hyper-threading CPU, or a dual core system? D3 doesn't seem to like them very much, and it can cause this problem

If you do have one, alt-tab out of the game while its running and go into the task manager. Use \"set affinity\" to disable the second core/cpu, and then go back to the game. This should completely cure the stuttering problem. This method's never failed to work for me.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Interceptor6 wrote:Do you have a hyper-threading CPU, or a dual core system? D3 doesn't seem to like them very much, and it can cause this problem

If you do have one, alt-tab out of the game while its running and go into the task manager. Use "set affinity" to disable the second core/cpu, and then go back to the game. This should completely cure the stuttering problem. This method's never failed to work for me.
It's a framerate issue - not a cpu issue thanks for trying

NO charge fusion and instant MD(no zoom) only happens on Mice with high fps when primary fire is bound to a Mouse button

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

PWNED! :twisted:
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

if you use Logitech MouseWare (works with non-Logitech mouses too) or anything else that can emulate a keyboard key, assign any unused key to a mousebutton and configure that key in D3 keyboard setup.
problem solved :)
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

I originally had the same problem, but I fixed it just by binding my primary fire button to both the left mouse button and the mousewheel button. Then I would press both buttons when I use fusion or mass driver.

The only downside(upside?) to this config is that the fusion can spontaneously charge faster at random times.