Black Pyro in D3: Retribution

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Black Pyro in D3: Retribution

Post by Alley7 »

I heard about \"Black Pyro justice\" add-on, but that isn't what I want... Is there any other tool for adding Black Pyro?

Please help.

P.S. I have D3: Mercenary...
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by QuestionableChaos »

yeah theres another way, its a bit of a hassle but should work

use HogView (or anyother .hog file utility) to open merc.hog, and extract the file table.gam to your d3 directory.

open table.gam with GamTool, and search for the ship files for the Black Pyro, and the PyroGL. Without expanding either ship's directory, simply rename the PyroGL to BlackPyro, and BlackPyro the PyroGL, and save.

Im not honestly sure if this will work, but I do extensive modifications to descent3 table files for personal fun (make my own weapons, modify AI, etc), and to my experience this SHOULD work

Let me know if it works or doesn't work - if not we can try another option (go ahead and PM me, or just post here)

Good luck and hope this helps!
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

Hmm, I don't have Gam Tool. Can you modify that files for me?
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

mhm sure

send me a personal message with your email address and ill send the changed table file to you - simply drop it into your d3 directory.

note - be sure to move this modded table file out of your d3 directory when you plan on playing online, as it might cause some issues
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

Okay, PM sent.

What about Mercenary single player? I will there still be able to use Black pyro?
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

yep - Im modifying the table so that the standard Pyro-GL will be replaced with the Black Pyro, but the Black Pyro will continue to be the Black Pyro

Thus, if you want to switch to the regular Pyro-GL, or play online, simply move the modded table file out of your d3 directory

Im uploading the file to email right now (takes a few minutes)
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

Thank you for your effort. I will test this tomorrow. :wink:
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

I tested this and I'm not happy. This file works, but I still don't have a REAL black pyro. Everything is messed up. Cockpit looks exactly the same as in standard Pyro GL. Concussion missiles are too fast, homing missiles are too slow and with strange look (I can fire just ONE missile at the time)... This is certainly not Black pyro. It's just another strange piece of crap I already saw in \"Black pyro justice\" add-on. Why is so hard to have a REAL and STANDARD Black pyro in D3: Retribution?

However, thanks again for your effort and good intentions. I don't want to sound rude, I'm just angry at those idiots who made D3: Mercenary with new ship which can't be used in old sinle player game. :x
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hm i just tested the file again, and i noticed that while it does make switch ships correctly for any other level, its not switching for Retribution (i tested the file out in another level)

this might have something to do with the Black Pyro being associated with a second table file, called extra.gam

ill see what i can do
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I just tried a few more things, and it appears that the Pyro-GL is hardcoded into the programing for Retribution. I can get the ship switch for everything else, but its not working for Retribution for some reason

- This isnt uncommon for modding Descent3 table files, as there are a some things that cannot be changed or modified as they are hardcoded (one example of this is the massdriver \"trail\")

- So it appears that it may not be possible to do the switch :(

HOWEVER - I can easily make you a highly modified Pyro, with weapons/physics exactly like the Black Pyro

Or I can just as easy change it to whatever you want :) just send in the order!
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

Okay, thanks! :)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

hehe, you should see some of my ships, they can outrun the subway trains!!
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

AceCombat wrote:hehe, you should see some of my ships, they can outrun the subway trains!!
i did that a while back :P made level 4 quitee a bit easier haha
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

ive gone as far as editing the subway trains themselves so that they can be destroyed, but they would sporadically crash the game if you destroyed too many of them.

i went through every line in the table.gam with GAM Editor and made it so i could shoot out glass that your not supposed to be able to destroy, its kinda funny what you can do with the .gam's
QuestionableChaos
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

AceCombat wrote:ive gone as far as editing the subway trains themselves so that they can be destroyed, but they would sporadically crash the game if you destroyed too many of them.
oOoh thats an interesting idea, ill have to try that
:lol:
AceCombat wrote: i went through every line in the table.gam with GAM Editor and made it so i could shoot out glass that your not supposed to be able to destroy, its kinda funny what you can do with the .gam's
woah making unbreaking glass breakable... i can see the game engine getting quite angry with that :P
Alley7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Alley7 »

Is there any way for adding robots in multiplayer maps? Something like bots in Counter-strike? :P I want to practice, but all servers at CX Tracker has 0 players. :(
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

QuestionableChaos wrote:

woah making unbreaking glass breakable... i can see the game engine getting quite angry with that :P

yeah it does actually, so you have to be careful about how much of it you break at one time.