* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Challenge LP channel (current: Vertigo, reduced weapons)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

A while back on Planet Descent, I kind of alluded to a challenge playthrough I was doing for Descent Vignettes, which was on Ace difficulty and done without picking up any of the secrets in the game. I was pretty happy with the idea, so I ended up doing two more challenge playthroughs since then, in between working on and off on my next mission. The second was to get as many of the über-difficult secrets as possible in The Lost Levels, but the third is a playthrough of Vertigo that bans half of the weapons from the game. It's still in progress, but here's what I have so far:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 6mlXBw5-Ul

Still deciding what to do after Vertigo is done, but I think I want to go back to Descent 1 soon. I wanted to secure permission from Grant Hallman and Lars Christensen for a little editing to Ironblade and Ironstar, just enough to up the stakes a little. Another one I was thinking of was Nefarious Assault, but I still need to figure out the challenge and I should probably wait for the final version on that one (but if you see this, Sapphire Wolf, it already looks finished to me :P).

Also still accepting suggestions for a new video recorder. I'm still using Fraps in its latest version, because on my crappy computer that somehow actually runs much better than Bandicam, Livestream Procaster or a couple other programs I've tried. I probably won't make the change in the middle of the current playthrough, though, but definitely afterward if I find something that really does run more smoothly.