* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: XL special feature help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 am 
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

When looking at some missions that use XL I've seen some special features I don't quite know how they work (or if XL is behaving correctly). So I have two quick questions here that I'd like a response to:

1) How do I activate/deactivate bullet time (how do I set a key binding)? Also after using slow motion or bullet time, the music for whatever level I'm on keeps playing no matter what I do (even if I leave the mission). Do you have this issue too?

2) In Dimensional Intersect, this seems to only happen playing the 'split' (polylevel) version, but in that version, every time I exit a 'world', I re-enter the hub in the same state I was previously at when I last left the hub, rather than the state I left the world at (so I lose any reward!). Do you know how to fix this or if it's intentional? Or is the version bugged and I should not use the split version of DI?

Post subject: Re: XL special feature help
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:27 am 
DX-XL Master
DX-XL Master

1) To be able to use bullet time and slow motion you need two special powerups you need to pick up. If you haven't yet entered a level of the mission which contains these powerups, you cannot use these features. Both powerups also consume a lot of energy, so your energy level must be high enough to be able to use them.

2) What kind of rewards are you losing when re-entering the central hub?

It would be a good idea to register on the D2X-XL forum and ask there for help regarding D2X-XL.