Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Why does the guide bot not just give you the full map?

Post by vision »

typematrix wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 amWhy does the guide bot not just give you the full map?
Great question! And along those lines, why can't you get a map right from the start? Doesn't PTMC have maps? I like to justify this by thinking that the mine environment is dynamic and constantly changing minute to minute, so maps go out of date quickly. I also like to imagine the guidebot simply has superior path-finding abilities and can interpret the landscape of the mine based on intramine communication between mining robots. Could you add this ability to a Pyro? Sure, but that would take time and money, so why not use an already existing resource?
typematrix wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 pmAlso Why don't the other robots shoot at him?
In D1 & D2 the guidebot is part of the mine and is probably not seen as hostile. It's not organic and has no weapons. We can assume the alien virus is primitive and the mining robots have primitive AI, so perhaps they can't make a connection between the guidebot and Pyro? This theory kind of goes out the window in D3.
typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Why does the guide bot not just give you the full map?

Post by Alter-Fox »

Because guidebot doesn't show you where to find secrets.

Also, don't sextuple-post. It makes it unnecessarily hard for people to keep track of who's saying what. If you have something else to say you can always edit the last post you've made.
Double posting might be acceptable if it's been a week or so and your thread has slipped little bit down the page. But there's really no risk of that happening on this board. :lol: Not enough people making posts.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.