The Thief in Rebirth is insanely too aggressive!!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

kakhome1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

The Thief in Rebirth is insanely too aggressive!!

Post by kakhome1 »

This is with latest nightly build of Rebirth, dated 7/30/2017.

In Dos, the Thief in D2 steals one one item at once. It also can NOT steal any primary weapons that uses energy (except the Quad Laser upgrade).

In this latest version of Rebirth, the Thief can steal up to three items at once and it can steal every single primary I have. This even includes decreasing my laser all the way back to Level 1, one level at a time! That's pretty ridiculous and is a show-stopper to me because it makes this robot EXTREMELY intrusive to the game and I don't like to be basically obligated to kill it as soon as possible. There's no reason a Thief in Rebirth should be any different from what it is in Dos.

I posted a bug in the Rebirth forum, but it doesn't have Kp's attention yet and I'd really like this very, very critical issue to be fixed ASAP. But is anyone else getting the same problem (again, the latest 7/30/2017 nightly build, though I have no idea if it also extends back to older versions)?
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: The Thief in Rebirth is insanely too aggressive!!

Post by LightWolf »

I have noticed this too, though it only seems to target the primary you have selected.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
kakhome1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kakhome1 »

Not for me - it can steal three primaries at a time, usually but not always including the one I have selected.

This is a total game-breaker as it makes the Thief ridiculously potent. Basically you're at 'Threat: Extreme' instead of 'Threat: Moderate'.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It has another bug in co-op, where you can get multiple kill shots on it - I've sometimes been awarded points three times for one thief kill.