Descent 3 Mercenary

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 Mercenary

Post by bigjoe11a »

I been trying to find a way to disable the Beta and Gamma Cooling juntions. I just can't seem to find what I need to disable them can any one help.

and also. In hanger bay 3A on the far back wall theres a door with another door in side thats locked. can any one tell me how to unlock it, or can I.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Use the bomb in your inventory. You drop it center over the cooling unit. Check your key config for which to use and to cycle thru them. I think "~" key is default.

Hanger 3A.... what level is this? I'm clueless here. I'll have to play threw it agian to give you a good answer.

****EDIT****

Ok.. Hanger 3A on level #3 in Mercs. Ya know, I have no clue. In fact, I've never noticed that door before. LOL Hrm. maybe you need to com back to is after throwing another switch further on.

anyone know?? It's the level that is the listening station where you are delivered in a crate.

the coolest thing about that level is when you get to actually fly threw the escape tunnel.
:D
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Update

Post by bigjoe11a »

Ok, and how to I make it blow up. I have to disable the cooling fans in order to reach another area that I have to get to. I can't get there unless I disable the fans.

When I drop the bomb. it didn't blow up. I have to be able to disable the cooling juntion Bets brfore I can get to Gamma

Iceman
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

they dont blow up untill you complete the map. you plant the bombs and then continue playing.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

Just drop the bombs and continue the level. They'll blow when they need to.

As for the door, there is no way to open it. It's just eye candy.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Thanks Boo. I was kinda thinkin that about the door eventhough I didn't post it.
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Ok, Then

Post by bigjoe11a »

How do I complete the level if I can't disable the cooling junctions. I need to go threw this one tunnel. to get to the 2nd cooling junction and I can't read it. I have to disable the first one first, or is there another way to get there. I can't reach the 2nd one threw that tunnel. Some force is holding my ship back and I can't enter the area to plant a bomb to disable the cooling junction Beta or Gamma

Thanks

Iceman
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hit shift-tab.

Check your mission objectives. Also, use your guide-bot. Use his "to do" list to work it out. :) you have blow up the station.
Zman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Zman »

you have to defeat the first mate and the captain. get their data keys, place the captains key in north pole center, first mate's key in the south pole center, go through on eof the doors at the south pole (save before you leave that area), and go back to the cooling junction, the fan will be gone, its wierd, but yeah thats how you do it. forgive me if this post is too old, i just want to help ppl out, juss like they have been helpin me out.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Dude.

Check the dates! if it hasn't had a new post in about 3 weeks. .. Don't bother posting in it. Most of us read this board daily.

Since that was back in MARCH, I'm sure he got it figured out. ;)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Zman wrote:you have to defeat the first mate and the captain. get their data keys, place the captains key in north pole center, first mate's key in the south pole center, go through on eof the doors at the south pole (save before you leave that area), and go back to the cooling junction, the fan will be gone, its wierd, but yeah thats how you do it. forgive me if this post is too old, i just want to help ppl out, juss like they have been helpin me out.

i never knew that!! ill have to try it sometime