Descent 3 Mercenary Level 3

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 Mercenary Level 3

Post by bigjoe11a »

I been trying to find a way to get the builders icon so that I can go on with this level, The GB only takes me there. It would tell me what to do. How do I disable the force field to get the builders icon

Iceman
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

There's a trail of blood on the floor. Follow it between the pillars, being very careful to only fly that path, and the forcefields will drop. It's kinda like a maze--without any walls. There's also arrows on the ceiling, turn on your headlight and look at the ceiling as you travel. Or, just do it the hard way, and go by trial and error. :)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

bigjoe: That's definitely not Merc level 3. But Stryker's right.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

That's D3 level 6
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Sorry. Wrong Level

Post by bigjoe11a »

Your right it's Descent 3 Level 6. Sorry, I'm playing to games at the same time. anyway

I didn't find any arrows or blood trail. can you give me an idea about where I can find them at.

Thanks

Iceman
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

use flares and your headlight. its there. trust us.
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

But Where

Post by bigjoe11a »

Can you give me some idea about where at.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

The blood trail is on the floor, the arrows are on the ceiling.
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

But, where

Post by bigjoe11a »

What room, in what part of the Cavern is it in. I hope were talking about Martian Nomad Caverns. Level 6 Right
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

If it's the room with a bunch of columns/pillars then it's the one with the arrows and blood.

Turn on headlight
point down/up
follow arrows/blood
If you make a mistake, it will tell you, just keep track as to which way you wrent that screwed it up.
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Lets start from from the begining

Post by bigjoe11a »

theres more than one room with pillers. I did check them all and still couldn't find any thing. Sorry for being such a pain. I forgot to tell you that I am blind in one eye. and sence most of the rooms are red. it will be very hard for me to find the right room.

can you give me a better idea about what room. is it close to where the builders icon is. or is it in another room on the other side. ? well I realy stuck.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Wait a second, are you referring to the builder's icon or the priest's icon? If it is the priest's icon, then everyone else's advice is useless, at least for the time being. :P

If you are talking about the builder's icon, it's not located in a room with pillars. The best way to find it is to look around until you come across a room with a circular pool of lava in it. If you use your Guide-bot, he should be able to get you that far, at least. Look in the ceiling of the cave just above the lava pool to find a crack leading to the surface. Once there, you should see a series of hoops, most of which are covered with force fields. What you'll have to do is fly through the hoop without a force field; this will remove the force field from another one of the hoops as well as starting a timer. You'll have to fly through all of the hoops before time runs out; the last hoop will have the builder's icon in it.

If you already did this, you're probably talking about the priest's icon. After you have both the builder's and collector's icons, your Guide-bot should be able to lead you to the priest's door. You'll have to use both icons in niches on either side of the room with the "Use inventory item" function, by default the backslash key. The priest's door will then be unlocked. The priest's room is a rectangular room full of square pillars, with a force field blocking one end. Once you're in here, turn on your headlight and look at the ceiling; you should see arrows that will direct you on which way to go. After you've followed the arrow path, you'll bring down the force field and have access to the priest's icon.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

What Top said. It's the priest's icon if you're trying to get through a force field.

As to how to disable it. ... what the others said. There is blood on the floor and arrows on the ceiling.

:)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Duper wrote:What Top said. It's the priest's icon if you're trying to get through a force field.
Actually, what confused me is that the builder's icon is also technically behind a forcefield, inside one of those giant hoops. Either way, though, I think he's gotten the message about the priest's icon at least ten times now. :P
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Ok, I mean the builders icon

Post by bigjoe11a »

I completed level 6. Thanks
I never would have thought to go threw the hoops.

I just think that Descent 3 is a lot more complexed then Descent 2. It a brain twister.

Thanks

Iceman
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Ok,

Post by bigjoe11a »

Now may be you can help me with Descent Level 3
The GB takes me threw a tunnel and some force holds me back, so I can't get threw it. I have to get threw to disable the primary cooling junction Beta and Gamma. Can any one tell me how to get threw or disable the force thats holding my ship back.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You might have to be more specific; there are several wind tunnels in that level. After looking at Moon's walkthrough, I might know where you are. Did you just push a large ball into a ventilation fan? If you did, then in the wind tunnel you're describing, you should see a series of forcefields on either side. If I remember correctly (and I may not), the bottom of this tunnel has a mirror that shows a generator. If you shoot the first forcefield at the right angle, your shots will bounce around and take out the generator, allowing you to continue. It's been a while since I played Mercenary, though, so this might not be the same spot I'm talking about.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

thats correct TG< you have to angle your shots correctly across 3 forcefields.