d3 level 13 help

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

ZeroPhnx
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

d3 level 13 help

Post by ZeroPhnx »

I have played this level through 3-4 four times and still havent found out how to disable the engines, i hit the three switches but dont know what to do after that :?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

There's a bug in that level that prevents the secondary objective from registering as completed; however, this doesn't affect the rest of the level in any way. Flipping those three switches pretty much finishes the objective.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Yup, what Top said.

Thank goodness they fixed the multiplayer crash bug in the 1.4 patch. That was really annoying.
ZeroPhnx
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ZeroPhnx »

thx guys :D - but one more thing,

where is the key to secret level 2? i found the first one, i heard the second was in level ten - did i miss a spot while searching?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

its in Level 12

when you get to the last two bosses prior to the Spider thing

DO NOT PROCEED to the Spider. instead, turn around and head back and goto the other side of that room that splits into the two bosses. defeat that second boss to pickup the second Data Cartridge.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ooh.. yea. um.. its on the snow planet. once you go down that last cooling tower and you get closed in, there are a series of tunnels.

The key is in one of the caverns that intersects one of these tunnel that have girders running along them. It's in a tall verticle very Narrow cavern back in a corner. There is a number of "Scratches" (the dark small mech with long thin arms that swings at you) guarding it.

As I recall, as you enter the cavern, its on the left side kinda near the ceiling.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Duper wrote:ooh.. yea. um.. its on the snow planet. once you go down that last cooling tower and you get closed in, there are a series of tunnels.

The key is in one of the caverns that intersects one of these tunnel that have girders running along them. It's in a tall verticle very Narrow cavern back in a corner. There is a number of "Scratches" (the dark small mech with long thin arms that swings at you) guarding it.

As I recall, as you enter the cavern, its on the left side kinda near the ceiling.

he already found the first one, which is on the level you are talking about. the second one is located in the PTMC Prooving Grounds
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I thought that the first one was found in the lunar level in the old recked reactor room?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Actuallly, Ace is right.

There is something to be found in the old reactor room -- under some rubble, I think. But it's something to do only with that level.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I think the object in the old lunar mine in level 9 is a data cartridge that you need later on in the level.
MDX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MDX »

Secret level 2. That level is FUN! (Toast all robots in this level, and enjoy your magnetic-lift high-velocity playground.:mrgreen:)

Also keep an eye out for those repair centers. They actually regenerate YOU, too! (I think you have to hit a switch or something before they'll work.)

As for the engines, if you touch the switches or the engine itself, your ship will shake, and you'll get a "critical mass interference" message. That "critical mass interference" is your ship. Don't be alarmed. It's harmless. ;)
ZeroPhnx
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ZeroPhnx »

AceCombat wrote:its in Level 12

when you get to the last two bosses prior to the Spider thing

DO NOT PROCEED to the Spider. instead, turn around and head back and goto the other side of that room that splits into the two bosses. defeat that second boss to pickup the second Data Cartridge.
i have an idea where you are talking about but could not find the key, could you be a little more detailed?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

I think its after you defeat the fusion mini-boss there is a T-shaped room. At the intersection there is some structure and you have to hit a switch behind it, or something. Anyway, after clearing that room, there are two exit doors. Take either one where you will find a frag shooting mini-boss. Defeat him, but don't go down the hole in the floor. Turn around and go to the other exit door that you did not choose earlier. Go in a defeat the other frag-shooting mini-boss. This opens a force field in the back of that room to another area. In this are is the powerup for the secret level.

Edit: In the T-shaped room, I usually first go to the exit door on the right. I think passage to the room you want is only through the left hand door.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

De Rigueur wrote:I think its after you defeat the fusion mini-boss there is a T-shaped room. At the intersection there is some structure and you have to hit a switch behind it, or something. Anyway, after clearing that room, there are two exit doors. Take either one where you will find a frag shooting mini-boss. Defeat him, but don't go down the hole in the floor. Turn around and go to the other exit door that you did not choose earlier. Go in a defeat the other frag-shooting mini-boss. This opens a force field in the back of that room to another area. In this are is the powerup for the secret level.

Edit: In the T-shaped room, I usually first go to the exit door on the right. I think passage to the room you want is only through the left hand door.

yes correct, you have a choice of which way to proceed, but either way is identical. defeat one of those mini-bosses and turn around....like Rigueur said, DO NOT go down that large center hole or you cant return!!

instead, find the tunnel you entered in, and go back the other way........fly across that room to the other tunnel that is exactly identical to the first one, and defeat that boss. once you have killed that one. the forcefield behind him will drop, and you will fly through that tunnel into what appears to be a mirror image of the room with the Level 4 Key and those demolition charge things that you can destroy for fun. the data cartridge is clearly visible once you enter this room and look down a hallway with two of those "repair center" things that when you touch them the ship will shake. and you get a HUD Message stating "Repair Center needs to be recalibrated"

its right next to one of those repair centers. pick it up and the mission will end, and take you to Level 17 High Velocity Weapons Testing Center
ZeroPhnx
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ZeroPhnx »

thx all, im gonna go take a look now

cant wait for the secret lvl, only one i havent finished yet :D
MDX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MDX »

Just gotta warn you about that secret level: the high velocity in the tunnels will give you a headache if you play around too much with them. ;)

Other than that (and any resulting motion sickness. Better stock up on barf bags and Motrin ;)), this level's the most fun level in the SP game!

(Someone needs to make a level like this. Except make more of those tunnels. And make them longer. And faster!)

(And if you wanna shake things up, throw in some stuff to dodge! Hope ya got fast reflexes!>:))
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

Actually, merc lv 3 has some wind tunnels with obstacles near the end...
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

the escape tunnel of the CED Space Station is a blast to run with a Phoenix in full AB!