Hocumulous

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Hocumulous

Post by Rocketman54 »

The giant monster behind the priest hal. I can't seem to kill him. I've done once before, but not now. Help
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Since you can't run out of lives in D3, it doesn't really matter. Just go back and shoot at him over and over again. It'll work eventually. :)

Edit: And I think you want single player anyway - this does not qualify as old-school by any sense of the word.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Sirius wrote:Since you can't run out of lives in D3, it doesn't really matter. Just go back and shoot at him over and over again. It'll work eventually. :)

Edit: And I think you want single player anyway - this does not qualify as old-school by any sense of the word.
I've tried that, It don't work. You call yourself Old School, and you can't even answer a question. Excuse me for taking up your "Old School Time"
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Point your pyro towards the thing, and feed it everything you have. Repeat until dead.

Or, you can let him swallow you if your invicible.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Like I told you in a previous thread, go for his joints if you get an open shot. Thats the weakest part of this bot. It'll take a while, but you'll eventually take him down.

Ohh, its not wise to attack those that are offering suggestions.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

marrsdavid wrote:I've tried that, It don't work. You call yourself Old School, and you can't even answer a question. Excuse me for taking up your "Old School Time"
You killed the Homunculus once already, so obviously it can work.

"Old Skool" means Descent 1/2 related btw., that's what Sirius meant. Your post should have been made in the "Singleplayer" area.

You should be more polite when asking for help here in the future, or people might do evil things with your nickname. ;)
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Sirius wrote:Since you can't run out of lives in D3, it doesn't really matter. Just go back and shoot at him over and over again. It'll work eventually. :)

Please send my apologies to Old Skool. That was very rude of me. I tried to find his name to email him directly, but had no luck. Tell him I do apreciate his time and assistance. I took his comment wrong.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

You can send him a PM. See the little PM button above every user's posts.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Don't worry about it, it wasn't as if it was hard to get the wrong impression about it.

I am a little irked that Descent 3 lets you try again infinite times - but when it comes to that guy you probably only need die once anyway. Just keep firing as hard as you can, try to dodge him if you can (they didn't make it easy though - the thing is freaking faster than you are), and ... yeah, wait until he dies I guess.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

this would fall under Singleplayer
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Additionally there is no need to dodge him, you can hide in the corners near the gate where he came from and he can not reach you. The only thing you have to do from that point is dodge the projectiles he fires ocassionally and fly out to get to the energy center that is in that room when you run out of energy. But actually if you start with 100 energy and have quad super lasers, you can kill him without refueling.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Krom wrote:Additionally there is no need to dodge him, you can hide in the corners near the gate where he came from and he can not reach you. The only thing you have to do from that point is dodge the projectiles he fires ocassionally and fly out to get to the energy center that is in that room when you run out of energy. But actually if you start with 100 energy and have quad super lasers, you can kill him without refueling.
Hey Krom, I stayed up til 2 am this morning trying everything. I GAVE UP!! I've always been against Cheat Codes, but "moreclang" allows a warp. So I cheated. Not the first time I've ever cheated in my life. Do you think I should go to confession? Naa, I'm not even catholic. :D
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

viewtopic.php?t=9344

Originally a crosspost, now a duplicate thread :P
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I don't ever recall being attacked by a giant storm cloud in D3. Hmmm...
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

first one is locked, continue conversation here.
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

from the Official D3 Strat Guide:
Tip: Shoot and move is the name of the here. Always jostle around rising to the ceiling as often as possible, watching out for Homunculus' fireball. It is important to constantly shoot at this monster to wear it down. by doing so, you will prevent it from rejuvinating it's shields, which is the only way to defeat Homunculus.
It also mentions that there are missles in the back of the lair, and that it is even better when you shoot prim and seconds at the same time. (ie Lasers w/Mortars, Homers, and Concs.)

My Spoiler tidbit.

Fus
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

AceCombat wrote:first one is locked, continue conversation here.
, then the other, then I finally found the room with 3 blue things you have to blow up, but the midle one in invunerable. Turned furnace off. now where do I go? I've also found a small door, way down deep that is still locked.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by De Rigueur »

Rocketman54 wrote: then the other, then I finally found the room with 3 blue things you have to blow up, but the midle one in invunerable. Turned furnace off. now where do I go? I've also found a small door, way down deep that is still locked.
In that room with the furnace, you have to bump a thing on the back wall with your ship. I believe that unlocks the door in the floor of one of the caves. BTW, it would help if you mentioned which objective you are working on. (Shift-tab to check objectives.)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Waut a minnit! Did the guide for D3 say that the H. can recover itself? Or was it just a way of saying \"Shoot the thing to pieces\"
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

d3jake wrote:Waut a minnit! Did the guide for D3 say that the H. can recover itself? Or was it just a way of saying "Shoot the thing to pieces"
Yes, it can recover if you leave it alone.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Fusion »

De Rigueur wrote: BTW, it would help if you mentioned which objective you are working on. (Shift-tab to check objectives.)
Aggreed. Can't help ya using the strat guide if don't know lev and what objective you are trying to do.

Fus