Homuculous

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Homuculous

Post by Rocketman54 »

The giant monster behind the priests hall. can't kill it. Done it before, but not this time. Any tips?
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

Could you be a little more specific? Are you encountering any bugs or game problems, or is it just hard :P ?
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Boo wrote:Could you be a little more specific? Are you encountering any bugs or game problems, or is it just hard :P ?
No bugs or game problems. I defeated it once before. It just toke a long time and constant attacking. Due to a system crash, I had to reinstall and start the game from begining. This time i have spent over an hour of constant attacking, but can't seem to kill him. I was given a tip to aim for the joints, but no luck. Have any suggestions?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Did you remember to patch D3 when you reinstalled it?

As I recall there was a bug that made it invulnerable in an earlier version. What difficulty level you running on?
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:Did you remember to patch D3 when you reinstalled it?

As I recall there was a bug that made it invulnerable in an earlier version. What difficulty level you running on?
Yes I remember something about that. do you know of a patch or file that I can download to fix that?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Planet Descent Has them HERE

remember that you have to install all the patches in order. 1.1 - 1.4 G/L and enjoy! :)
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:Planet Descent Has them HERE

remember that you have to install all the patches in order. 1.1 - 1.4 G/L and enjoy! :)
I found the 1.4 patch, installed, but still no luck.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper, I installed every patch I could find on that site, even rebooted and still no help. Whoops, I noticed that when I tried to install 1.3 it gave me an error. No files open, I think is what it said. Where will I find 1.1? Thanks for your time. :roll: :roll:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hrm. Um, do you have Mercenaries? That one patches to I think 1.3.

Ok. it seems that the Amercan patches start at 1.2 1.1 was for Japan.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:hrm. Um, do you have Mercenaries? That one patches to I think 1.3.

Ok. it seems that the Amercan patches start at 1.2 1.1 was for Japan.
Still getting no where, frustrated. I killed it once before with standard installation, no patches. Any other ideas?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You do NOT have to install the other patches (1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3) in order or at all for that matter. Install D3 ---> Install Merc ---> Install 1.4 patch, in that order. The reason is because Merc installs the 1.3 patch automatically, and the 1.4 patch can even update version 1.0 if needed.

Now, to fix the problem trying to kill that boss: reload a save game from a point in the level before you reached the boss, there is a bug that hits from time to time that makes it impossible to finish the boss.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

He might possibly need the \"duel jewel fix\" patch if he cannot get the 1.4 patch to take.

If you have a bundled version of D3 that came with Merc missions with it you the the fix.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Krom, he never stated if he has mercs. I asked, but he never said. I wondered about the jeweled set too, but i thought I'd start with the mercs thing. ...clear? ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Even if he has D3 gold, or the dual jewel version, he still doesnt have to install the 1.1/1.2/1.3 patches. :P If he has only D3 gold, then he just has to install the 1.4 patch alone.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Krom wrote:Even if he has D3 gold, or the dual jewel version, he still doesnt have to install the 1.1/1.2/1.3 patches. :P If he has only D3 gold, then he just has to install the 1.4 patch alone.
Thanks for the info. "Rocketman 54". By the way, do you know how I might change my user name?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

marrsdavid wrote:By the way, do you know how I might change my user name?
Send a PM to Koolbear and ask him whether he would change it for you.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

^^^ Most amusing botched quote I've seen in a while.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

marrsdavid wrote:

I found the 1.4 patch, installed, but still no luck.
The patch asked for a patch key. Where do I find it?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

marrsdavid wrote: "Rocketman 54". By the way, do you know how I might change my user name?
BTW, Rocketman 54 is available
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

KoolBear wrote:
marrsdavid wrote: "Rocketman 54". By the way, do you know how I might change my user name?
BTW, Rocketman 54 is available
Rocketman54 will be fine. Thanks for your assistance.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Done! Welcome to the DBB Rocketman54
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Krom wrote:Even if he has D3 gold, or the dual jewel version, he still doesnt have to install the 1.1/1.2/1.3 patches. :P If he has only D3 gold, then he just has to install the 1.4 patch alone.
Very True. :) But when I started replying, he gave no info as to which version he had. (and still hasn't) I have the original 3 disk set and the merc add-on, so all I need is the 1.4.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:
Very True. :) But when I started replying, he gave no info as to which version he had. (and still hasn't) I have the original 3 disk set and the merc add-on, so all I need is the 1.4.
But the 1.4 patch ask for a patch key.
I'm not sure what version I have. There are 2 disk. A black disk 1, and a white disk 2. Does that tell you anything?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

what's the case look like? and what version does it show when you get in the game? At the main menu in the game in the lower right corner i think.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:what's the case look like? and what version does it show when you get in the game? At the main menu in the game in the lower right corner i think.
version v1.0
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ok.

And it doesn't patch to 1.2? (do not use 1.1 as it was only released in Japan)

If it does not install, I recommend that you save your pilot files, missions (if you have d/l any) the custom folder and then delete and reinstall the game.

then try to reapply the patches 1.2 then 1.3 then 1.4

BUT! As Krom stated, if you should have the Mercenaries disk, which is an addon with the black pyro and bought separately, then install that first and then try the 1.4 patch.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Rocketman54 wrote:
Duper wrote:what's the case look like? and what version does it show when you get in the game? At the main menu in the game in the lower right corner i think.
version v1.0
\I give up. It happened again. Homuculous is invernurable. I attacked him with everything I had. Ran out of ammo, and had to crash myself into the static screen to kill myself, so I could go back in reloaded. I did that several times. Still, Nada.
HELP!!!!!!!!
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Duper wrote:ok.

And it doesn't patch to 1.2? (do not use 1.1 as it was only released in Japan)

If it does not install, I recommend that you save your pilot files, missions (if you have d/l any) the custom folder and then delete and reinstall the game.

then try to reapply the patches 1.2 then 1.3 then 1.4

BUT! As Krom stated, if you should have the Mercenaries disk, which is an addon with the black pyro and bought separately, then install that first and then try the 1.4 patch.
Where could I find the Mercanaries disk?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

You don't need the mercenaries disk.

you did tell the patcher where the descent3.exe is located right?
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

fliptw wrote:You don't need the mercenaries disk.

you did tell the patcher where the descent3.exe is located right?
I'm not sure, I'll check.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

By the way Duper, D3 v1.1 was released in the US, I don't know where you heard it was only released in Japan. He still does not need to use the 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.1 patches, the 1.4 patch is a 1.x to 1.4 patch, it will update any previous version to 1.4. :P
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

Krom wrote:By the way Duper, D3 v1.1 was released in the US, I don't know where you heard it was only released in Japan. He still does not need to use the 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.1 patches, the 1.4 patch is a 1.x to 1.4 patch, it will update any previous version to 1.4. :P
Krom, I found different 1.4 non cd patch yesterday. When I installed, it thought it ask for a key. But it was only asking for the Descent 3 directory. I pray this allows me to kill Homculous. Wish me luck for tonught. For last night I stayed up till 2 am, and still could't defeat it.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Planet Descent please forgive me for directly linking to files:
http://www.dfiles.de/download/d3/patche ... 4patch.zip

That is the patch file you need to update your version of descent3 to 1.4, you do not need anything else unless you have the dual-jewel version of D3 then you also need this patch:
http://www.dfiles.de/download/d3/patches/d3usdjfix.zip

I'd say it is highly likely given how many patch attempts you have done, if you want this to work you should reinstall descent3 from the ground up. Just install directly over the old version to revert all your files back to version 1.0, then install the 1.4 patch. Be very careful of the file order, if you install the nocd patch before the 1.4 patch the 1.4 patch will not complete and it won't update all the files. If you have the Dual-Jewel version of D3 install the 1.4 DJ fix first, then the 1.4 patch, then the nocd patch in that order.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Krom wrote:By the way Duper, D3 v1.1 was released in the US, I don't know where you heard it was only released in Japan. He still does not need to use the 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.1 patches, the 1.4 patch is a 1.x to 1.4 patch, it will update any previous version to 1.4. :P
hmm.. It was an assumtion based on that the only 1.1 patch I found on PD and Descent3.com was for Japan. Oh well.
and about 1.4, it's a complete update? I didn't know that. huh!

Thx! :P