Level 7

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 7

Post by Rocketman54 »

I've finally beat the Homulous, without cheat codes.Then made it to level 7 \"PTMC Reserch Bunker\". Destroyed the two aircraft. Now I'm stuck in the magnetic something or other. I enter a building, down a tunnel, to the right is a red switch that I turned sucessesfully. Same to the left, but when I enter the main chamber, the furnace is still going and my guide pod remarks that I need another device to turn it off. Where is that next switch?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

It's a big level and there are things to do in different places. There are 4 or 5 entrances to the underground area, so the level is not linear. I suggest you explore the whole level. IIRC, there are some blue things you need to blow up near one of the entrances.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

De Rigueur wrote:It's a big level and there are things to do in different places. There are 4 or 5 entrances to the underground area, so the level is not linear. I suggest you explore the whole level. IIRC, there are some blue things you need to blow up near one of the entrances.
Done that, still can't get Magnetic accelerator off. Ther's a lever or a switch somewhere, I just can't find it. :cry:
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Which objective are you on? If you're trying to enable the descending accelerator, you need to blow up some blue things and you get a message about lowering the temperature in the facility. To do this, go to the surface to the structure where you disabled the surface defenses. Then go to the entance shaft that is closest to it -- just over a little hump in the terrain. Go down that shaft through a door guarded by a homing missile turret. Go in that room and on the left wall there are 4 'blue things' that you need to shoot till they blow up.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

I think you're stuck trying to turn on the magnetic accelerator. The switch you described in the 'burning' room needs physical contact from your ship to activate, you can't just shoot it.