D3: \"Invalid CD ROM!\" Please help!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Blade
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D3: \"Invalid CD ROM!\" Please help!

Post by Blade »

Here's the thing. My CD1 has a crack thats on the inner edge of the disc. The disc is still readable BUT, I can only install the game on MIN setting. However, When I click \"Play\", there's a message that saya, \"Invalid CD ROM!\", then it shuts off. What do I do??!!!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

You buy a new disk. :\\ This is why you always make a backup of your games disks where possible. We're not in the habit here of giving an image or copy of Descent disks on this BB forum.

the Disk is shot. you might try burning it on the off chance the copier won't see the crack. It isn't likely, but it's worth a try.

Search the net. Copies of D3 can be found scattered around. :)
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Try putting the disc in your first CD drive. There's a problem with Descent 3 reading discs in Windows XP where it will recognize one of the CD drives but not the other. If that doesn't work, you can try the Descent 3 NOCD patch up at http://www.descent3.com, but if your disc is scratched, you could run into other problems.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

if that crack is not on the data part of the disc there shouldnt be any problem. try suncho's first suggestion, then use the NOCD patch. it makes it alot easier to launch D3 on the fly without a CD.