Holy cow, this place still exists?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sup
DBB Co-Founder1
DBB Co-Founder1

Post by Sup »

punisher wrote: At one point in VIP arguments, KoolBear said, and I paraphrase because I no longer have access to the VIP Forum, "I will NOT allow this kind of thing and if you don't like it, make your own damn board!"

Well ... i havent been by here in a while so this is the first i've heard about all of this.

I dont know if you know who I am, but I co-founded this board with koolbear almost 7 years ago now.

NOTE: Before I go any further ... I want you to know for sure:

1 - I think its awesome that people want a board more freedom to do whatever it is you want, with a different flavor AND

2 - I dont care even the tiniest bit about any drama that went on behind this, who said what to who or why or any of that. I... DONT ...CARE

What I do care about:

The original concept for the DBB was mine. KB and I talked about it at a LAN party in Atlanta and we decided to take his idea for a forum on Koolbear.com and fold it into this public forum.

The "family oriented" policies, the board philosophy and direction, the moderation polices: these are things we agreed on together back then and we had good reasons for them

Some other things:

- the text of the policies were written by me

- the forum divisions and naming scheme, developed and written by me

- the art direction, board design and color schemes were mine and still exist

- every facet of this board up until I retired from active gaming almost 5 years ago, had some part of my hand in it and most of it still shows today

I really want you to understand .. to underscore the main point (which I will get to by the end of this post):

This board would probably not be here at all if it werent for me; KB might have done something and im sure it would have been great ..

But it would have been different if we had never met, it wouldnt be the DBB.

It wouldnt be called Descent BB, it would look like this, it wouldnt be organized like this, it wouldnt look or feel or be much like it at all.

In fact, if he had just done a forum at Koolbear.com the way he wanted to, it almost definitely would not be.

At the time everybody was on USENET and as far as I know was not organized enough and didnt really have the concept in mind to do something like this.

Now:
This only further illustrated in my mind the need for a Descent board where things would be different
Interesting quote. Because:

- You STOLE the name of our board

- You STOLE the design and color scheme and font scheme and look and feel that I designed

- You STOLE the forum divisions and naming scheme that I WROTE

- I dont know what else you blatantly STOLE with complete lack of originality and creativity, because right at the moment Im so offended I cant even look at it

- And you RIPPED OFF the goodwill and reputation of our board, by making a lookalike bizzarro clone of something that I CREATED and diverting traffic to something that is not the DBB
STRESSTEST was the owner of descentbb.com, and that they had planned to make a new board
Awesome. Now I know the original source of COMPLETE LACK of creativity and inspiration that started the piracy of MY board.
we asked the help of some of our good friends ... XCiter
Please tell me that this persons name is Jim and that this is not one more example of somebody RIPPING OFF other people

I wont be posting responses to this. If I left something out or if you want to ask a question, please PM me at www.descentbb.com
I plan on it

Sup (Josh)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Sup wrote:Awesome. Now I know the original source of COMPLETE LACK of creativity and inspiration that started the piracy of MY board.
Oh come on, you know that's not true!

They put their DescentBB title in silver.
:P
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Top Gun wrote:Nah, we finished the horse-beating on page 2. :P
Evidently,"we" didn't.

:roll:
pipsqueak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak »

Hattrick wrote:
Top Gun wrote:Nah, we finished the horse-beating on page 2. :P
Evidently,"we" didn't.

Wow, now I'm really confused. Actually, thats pretty interesting with SUP being one of the origninal founders of this board. If anyone seems to have the right to beat the sh**t of some horses its him!
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Here horsey, horsey ....

um, whatever. I'm good with all of it.
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I'm sure this will go to the Supreme Court. C'mon already...
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

wow, a post about both KoolBear AND stealing. how ironic is that?

p.s. some of us are still around from back then.
Scorch2
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Holy cow, this place still exists?

Post by Scorch2 »

Sup? :)

Not sure how likely my evil twin is to revisit an eight year old topic, but thought I would try. I had not accessed my original account in so long, I forgot its email. Probably one I can no longer access anyway.

I registered on DescendentStudios a while ago, during the Underground kickstarter, and today thought I would try searching here for mentions of my old account. Found this.

So, Evil Scorch, if you are out there, hi. I took Scorch on DescendentStudios. Seems after 14 years our screen names are still unreconciled. :D