Holy cow, this place still exists?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

Pugwash wrote:
Firewheel wrote:Don't waste your time on DBB.com. It's like .net- except without the maturity that makes this board stand out compared to many on the 'net. It's totally useless. But on the positive side, most of the whining, unpleasant people migrated over there.
I haven't been here in months now I remember why. Who is this whiny asshat?
I rest my case.

For sake of simplicty, Scorch, we can just call you Evil Scorch again.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

folks. this rivalry doesn't do anyone any good. I choose to be here because I like the environment better here. Some others have chosen the .com because they prefer the environment there. It's no skin off of MY nose. They can do whatever they WANT over there. More power to them.

SO, since both sides have what they want, and since many enjoy both, and no one is forced to view either, why fuss about it?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Evil scorch, or Neutral scorch?

I still use the \"scorch amp\" winamp skin. Was that you or the other guy? Either way, long time no see... welcome back.

Don't worry too much about the 2 boards thing. It's just 2 different groups with 2 different standards for public discussion. When you're here, follow our rules; when you're there, follow their rules.
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

evil :twisted:

The other Scorch made that Winamp skin. Man, he was a popular dude! :) I really did nothing memorable except run an ftp server with 30 gigs of mp3s :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I think I remember seeing you around here a few years ago. Welcome back :)

(And everyone, how's about some nice STFU-age regarding the boards. :P)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

.com was created by those feeling controlled, but actually wanting to be in control themselves, to be in control.

It's like 'crap, if I can't be the boss here, I'll make my own place where I can!\"

:P
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

Diedel is half right...

.com was created by people who got tired of hearing about who was in control...Everyone here knows this is Koolbears board..We got to hear it alot..

\"Its KB's BB if you dont like it you can leave\"

and so we did...the .com feels like it belongs to the peeps....the .net belongs to KB and \"the benefactors\"......

heh...the benefactors
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

.com was created by those feeling controlled, but actually wanting to be in control themselves, to be in control.

It's like 'crap, if I can't be the boss here, I'll make my own place where I can!\"
Damn right my European friend - that's what we in the States call \"empowerment.\"

Welcome back Scorch.

Bettina - more like we're sick of dry prudes with no sense of humor and a condescending air towards anyone who doesn't want to mollycoddle everyone with every single one of their posts. I don't want to orient my posts for children or easily offended pansies or fish like you. I don't want to be politically correct, I don't want to fear offending others, I don't want to say \"darn\" and \"shoot\" and \"golly gee.\" I want to say \"Goddamnit, that ★■◆● is ★■◆●ing repulsive.\" You know why? Because I'M NOT A GRANDMOTHER OR A FOUR YEAR OLD CHILD.

Please, please please Bettina, do us all a favor, and stop being boring. The world has enough boring women. I know, I've dated all of them. I might post more diatribe later tonight after some Jaegermeister. Nothing makes me angrier than Jaegermeister. Except Hezbollah.

Love
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

*JBOMB* wrote:Diedel is half right...

.com was created by people who got tired of hearing about who was in control...Everyone here knows this is Koolbears board..We got to hear it alot..

"Its KB's BB if you dont like it you can leave"

and so we did...the .com feels like it belongs to the peeps....the .net belongs to KB and "the benefactors"......

heh...the benefactors
A mature .com response from a member of the mature .com board. For those who wish to determine which site is a family site for everyone to enjoy, just go to .com, and in the search engine, type in any expletive. You will get all you want.

I like KB's board over yours anyday....

Bettina
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Beowulf wrote:

It's like 'crap, if I can't be the boss here, I'll make my own place where I can!"
Damn right my European friend - that's what we in the States call "empowerment."

Welcome back Scorch.

Bettina - more like we're sick of dry prudes with no sense of humor and a condescending air towards anyone who doesn't want to mollycoddle everyone with every single one of their posts. I don't want to orient my posts for children or easily offended pansies or fish like you. I don't want to be politically correct, I don't want to fear offending others, I don't want to say "darn" and "shoot" and "golly gee." I want to say "****, that ***** is **** repulsive." You know why? Because I'M NOT A GRANDMOTHER OR A FOUR YEAR OLD CHILD.

Please, please please Bettina, do us all a favor, and stop being boring. The world has enough boring women. I know, I've dated all of them. I might post more diatribe later tonight after some Jaegermeister. Nothing makes me angrier than Jaegermeister. Except Hezbollah.

Love
Give it up...your boring to me too....

I think this thread needs to be closed because the celler door is open

Bee
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Teehee. To you, maybe. To people who don't have sticks firmly lodged in various orifices, I'm extremely amusing.

Argue with me. Debate me. Please, do something not dull. Seriously, I've seen Speak-n-Spell's with more to say than you. This is ridiculous.

[edit]Heh! the cellar door is open. So basically let's close any thread where .com people are posting right? Because people who disagree with us are wrong, right? Because anyone expressing dissent is obviously a lewd and indecent person with nothing of merit to contribute to any conversation?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Beowulf wrote:Because anyone expressing dissent is obviously a lewd and indecent person with nothing of merit to contribute to any conversation?
No...just you.

EDIT.... Sorry, I didn't mean that.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

It's not a bad idea, in theory, to start a new board because a group of people don't like how things are done. I can even understand why they might be opposed to Koolbear being in charge or whatever (though personally, I think it was a big deal about nothing), but the only purpose of .com seems to be for people to swear wildly and act childish, in general. If you want to do that, fine- but keep it on your board (Beowulf, in particular). I don't see any of the .net people going to your board and talking about how horrible it is- I'm not, at least. It's pretty evident how immature and obnoxious the .com posters trolling are (Beowulf, JBomb, and Pugwash, though I'm not sure he's a .com person) compared to the rest of us.

Side note: Who is the .com mod Bunyip? Is that someone who used to post here under a different name?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

*JBOMB* wrote:heh...the benefactors
Just out of curiosity and because I don't know... but who is footing the bill for .com. Is it just one person that is paying for everyone or is it free?

Bee
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Firewheel wrote:It's not a bad idea, in theory, to start a new board because a group of people don't like how things are done. I can even understand why they might be opposed to Koolbear being in charge or whatever (though personally, I think it was a big deal about nothing), but the only purpose of .com seems to be for people to swear wildly and act childish, in general. If you want to do that, fine- but keep it on your board (Beowulf, in particular). I don't see any of the .net people going to your board and talking about how horrible it is- I'm not, at least. It's pretty evident how immature and obnoxious the .com posters trolling are (Beowulf, JBomb, and Pugwash, though I'm not sure he's a .com person) compared to the rest of us.
x2
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

The point of my posts isn't to act childish and swear incessently. That's simply a side effect. I'm just here for a laugh, that's all, because so many of you stuffed shirts take this all so seriously it's an amazement that you're able to make it through your day when a legitimite problem comes up.

I'm not stupid. If you read any thread in which I participate seriously, you can see that I've got a pretty solid head on my shoulders, albeit thick. And large. My writing should be proof enough.

Regardless, I still read both boards, but I prefer the other one because I don't have to watch what I say and censor myself. This isn't church, it's the Internet. I don't understand how people complain that we went and started another board because we didn't like how this one was being run. Wasn't that how...durrr...America was founded? And we made our emmigration without the wanton slaughter of an entire race of people. What's more commendable than that?

Just lighten up and stop being so damn naive. It's unbelievable. And yet so endearingly cute.
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

bet wrote:Just out of curiosity and because I don't know... but who is footing the bill for .com
firewheel wrote:Who is the .com mod Bunyip?
see that? You guys dont even know yet the argument is that other people wanted to assume control for the purpous of claiming control...which is so far from the truth...

it was all about giving the dbb back to the posters..instead of posting under the thumb of a group of "owners"...

how many times did people hear: "its in the rules when you registered"?...And "Look...its KB's deal so you gotta repect tha bla bla bla"

.com took back the streets and gave the "deal" back to the gamers who have been in this community for god knows how many years and still wanted to talk to eachother without the .nets VERY conservative rules...

So in summation...Welcome back scorch! (you are now up to date on things)...lol
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Bettina, when I read your posts, I think of this.

heavens to betsy, he used a naughty word!
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Beowulf wrote:Bettina, when I read your posts, I think of this.

heavens to betsy, he used a naughty word!
Hahahaha.... yes I did laugh at this but I wear contacts not glasses. Looking at your other posts, I wish I knew which one best describes you.

And Jbomb didn't answer my question. Who pays for the other board or is it free....

EDIT: and I even showed this to daddy who is glad that you think of me like this...

Bee
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

bet wrote:And Jbomb didn't answer my question. Who pays for the other board or is it free....
thats shts free man....its all free nsht...Super Free Brothers 3....

the point is that it doesnt matter whos house the party is in...its about the party...
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

*JBOMB* wrote:
bet wrote:And Jbomb didn't answer my question. Who pays for the other board or is it free....
thats shts free man....its all free nsht...Super Free Brothers 3....

the point is that it doesnt matter whos house the party is in...its about the party...
I'm having trouble getting your meaning. The owner doesn't pay anything? Or are you saying that your part is free. I'm confused.

Bee
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

Oh golly... you guys make me sigh... Can't we all just get along? :D
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

Interesting... I've never even been to the .com board before today. The first thread I read (about JOYSTICKS, no less!) had f-bombs flying all over the place. I'll stay here, thanks.

And howdy, Scorch, I'm a long time player, just not on the 'net. Greets.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Beowulf wrote:I don't want to orient my posts for children or easily offended pansies or fish like you.
This is ridiculous. Some folks like the .net, some prefer the .com, many like both. So why should this be a problem?

If I WANTED to listen to the kind of content that is over on the .com, I'd be posting over there. You'll note that I am NOT going over to the .com and yelling at folks for cursing or posting suggestive pictures in the public area or whatever. The .com is free to do whatever it wants and if I don't like it, I can avoid it, as I do. I don't see why this should be a problem for anyone.

SO, why do a few people insist posting insults about .net on .net? We aren't bothering you. If you don't like it, you have an alternative. So whats the problem? Is this some kind of ego issue where you just can't feel you are cool unless you tell someone else that they are square?

Now, I admit, part of the problem is that there is some bitterness still over on this side. So, when someone asks about why there are two descentbb's, a .netter generally pops up with something unflattering to say.

SO, to the .netters. Lets just avoid insulting the .comers. It doesn't matter. They aren't hurting anything. They haven't damaged our "pride" by opening an alternative. They actually did us a FAVOR by reducing the amount of griping over here about moderation. Now, if someone gets moderated for language or content, they can always just move over to the .com instead of complaining about it here for two weeks.

Just let it BE. If someone asks about the split, point them to the old threads where it was discussed to death already and leave it at that. Let them look both forums over and decide for them selves if they like one or the other, or both. Saying anything negative just DRAWS the worst element over here.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

that's the only reason we're over here. someone said something negative about .com, and it's not fair for us to get flamed without the newcomer knowing the whole story.
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

maybe read the thread before posting yer big long voice of reason post kilarin....i dunno...
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Someone stop this ★■◆● already, its getting old.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

teehee derailment ftw.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

*gets out extinguisher*

I htink Kilarian is right, there are reasons on both sides, and
We aren't bothering you. If you don't like it, you have an alternative.
Taa-daa! I think we have a winner...

BTW, I hope to play you sometime soon!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Top Wop wrote:Someone stop this ***** already, its getting old.
NEVAR!

this thread is win :lol:
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

*JBOMB* wrote:Diedel is half right...

"Its KB's BB if you dont like it you can leave"

and so we did...the .com feels like it belongs to the peeps....the .net belongs to KB and "the benefactors"......

heh...the benefactors
I have heard better lies than this one.

Let me add this to my - still perfectly true - first post here:

The concept of the .com founders of personal freedom is that they can do whatever they want wherever they want. That implies that they could not comply to certain standards meant to protect the (partially minor) readers of this board. Obviously, complying to normal social standards asks too much of them. So they had to find a place where they could relax (heh, talk about dbb.com as a relaxed place) them so much that they would not constantly overburden them. Maybe this wouldn't even have happened, had they owned the capability of getting along with others even if they make a mistake occasionally; but alas, no dice here either. If you are not capable to live in a mixed bunch of people, accepting that everybody makes mistakes, and are not capable of accepting an apology and walk on, you will inevitably be driven to find or create a place with a audience homogenous enough to never put you in front of such an enormous challenge to your character. Thus, dbb.com came into existance: A place where people can resort to the lowest forms of human interaction (well, for some posts, you have to omit 'inter') if they feel like it, or have nothing else they could keep up an illusion of self esteem with. Ofc, this is not the rule on dbb.com (given the homogenously structured audience there), but things like that can happen, easily. And be it that a dbb.com member has to get something there from another place where he did not get applause by everybody around him for his actions.

So that's the dbb.com. Not everybody behaves bad there all the time, but things can get really out of hand there (not from their point of view though), and the reason for that is that the foundation is foul already.

If people really do not want to grow up, they will always find a way to avoid it.

Kilarin,

I hate the attitude and the dishonesty behind the foundation of .com. So I will always speak out against it, as long as this issue is being brought up here. This has nothing to do with being bitter. Some of the .com founders behaved like dicks here, and when they were denied the right to do so, got all upset. Others could not calm down when KB made a mistake - he could apologize as much as he wanted. If things didn't go 100% like they wanted, they threw a hissy fit. Reminds me a little of my two year old son, but he has more insight already than these people. So if they show up here, let them tell the truth, which goes "we want to behave like dicks whereever we want, whenever we want, and weren't allowed to, so we created a place where we were", or STFU.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I think of the difference like this:

The type of people who whine in game about \"typekilling\" (type when you're dead, don't ruin the flow of the game!) \"spawnkilling\" (you spawn with lasers, concs and 3 seconds of invulnerability...use it!) and \"hackers\" (B!tch please, I don't need to cheat to beat your newb-ish (lack of) skills) post exclusively on .net

The rest post on .com (or both)

-Bunyip
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I have never seen such posts here during the last few years I am posting here, and I bet even I missed them it was because it were so very very few.

Now I wonder whether you are trying to tell us the 'tough' guys from .com had to leave because they couldn't bear the 'whiners' from .net.

:lol:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Who said anything about posts? Regardless, it's clear you don't understand the difference. :)

Diedel, it's nice to see that you haven't changed, even a little bit.
You're still the same puffed-up, supercilious, officious little prig you've always been. Prats like you seem dedicated to self-righteous buggery of others. Your contributions to the software side of our common interest show that without your rectally inserted wooden object, you might be a worthwhile human being, but unfortunately you seem devoted to doltery. Your sneering disdain is as unsightly as your knobby knees. I'm glad you've chosen to make .net your exclusive home. You are not missed.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Beowulf wrote:that's the only reason we're over here. someone said something negative about .com, and it's not fair for us to get flamed without the newcomer knowing the whole story.
*JBOMB* wrote:maybe read the thread before posting yer big long voice of reason post kilarin.
I DID read the entire thread, as painful as that was, and you will note that I very specifically addressed the issue about .netters insulting the .commers.
But I STILL don't get it. Let me take a wild guess, but I imagine there are a few posts over on the .com that insult the .net? Do the .netters pop up every time to insist that we are better than you? I certainly hope not. I know that *I* don't care what you say about us over there.

Over here, if you wanted to rationally discuss forum policy because you intended to participate, great! But if you just want to shout inane and pointless insults, *I* don't care what you have to say, just so long as you say it OVER THERE.
Diedel wrote:I hate the attitude and the dishonesty behind the foundation of .com. So I will always speak out against it, as long as this issue is being brought up here.
I AGREE with you about the .com. But I think everything that can be said, has already been said. On both sides. We could acomplish the same thing by just giving the newbies a link to the previous conversations (including this one) and let them make their own minds up. It's your choice, of course, but from the evidence, posting about the split all over again just draws them over here to fight. I'm MORE than happy to have the .commers come over here and join in our conversations, but these "My forum can pee further than your forum" fights are not helping anyone.

edit: Oh come on WarAdvocate. If you are going to insult someone, do it to their face, not in little biddy type like a coward.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

WarAdvocat wrote:Who said anything about posts? Regardless, it's clear you don't understand the difference. :)
#1 Kilarin is right on the spot.
#2 If it only happens in the games, I Bet it's still only very few people, and it still doesn't invalidate my point about you 'tough' .com guys.

Heh, stop whining about the whiners, you whiner.
WarAdvocat wrote:Diedel, it's nice to see that you haven't changed, even a little bit.
I am sorry but I still prefer not to live in the sewers, mentally. :P People need constants and examples in their lives, and you should change yours. Let me be your hero. :P

:lol:

PS: I never read the small print. ;)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Edit: *Oops, I missed the second page*
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Kilarina wrote:Oh come on WarAdvocate[SIC]. If you are going to insult someone, do it to their face, not in little biddy type like a coward.
HUH? First off, I find it insulting that you call my text little old woman text. It's an uncalled-for personal attack and I must be avenged! MODERaTORS BAN HIM!!1111 Secondly, you're really reaching there...you must define coward differently than the dictionary does. I can pretty much say for certain that I'm not showing ignoble (or disgraceful) fear (or timidity) in the face of danger or pain. ;)

eeek!
*JBOMB*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *JBOMB* »

but I imagine there are a few posts over on the .com that insult the .net?
Ya...not one...in fact there has NEVER been a .net bashing thread over there...all the bashing comes from .net boss...hate to ruin yer vision of \"how it is\"...