Battlefield 2142?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Battlefield 2142?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Just wondering if anyone has played it and how it is?
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

Haven't yet, but if what I read about advertising is true, I don't think I will be.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i have the demo, but x2 to Kurupt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I've played the demo and it wasn't too bad. I've never been a big fan of the BF series. Feels weird to me. The game play was good and the interface was easy to use. .. with the exception of getting my axis' reversed and had a time getting it fixed. The weapons are pretty cool and the graphics are nice, even dumbed down for my system. I didn't try the vehicles. It's REALLY tough to take a mech down with infantry weapons; even with the shoulder rocket.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

I've been playing the demo. It reminds me of Killzone for playstation2
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

It completley ★■◆●ing owns.

Nuff said.

P.S: Lambert Carbine, Claymores, C4, EMP Grenades, and the Assault Drone is the way to go.

I also haven't seen any advirtising in it...
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

It sucks.

If I am forced to register in order to play the demo and I cant even play the singleplayer, then the hell with it. From what I hear they haven't even fixed BF2, so why pay for a program still in beta? And people shouldnt be so willing to allow EA to get away with this bullcrap. Yet the one brain-celled beings just eat it up as usual.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

/doesnt care about the politics involved

as long as i'm having fun, i'll be one brain-celled :wink:
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Ads are bad.

If you enjoyed BF2, encourage EA to do better and not pay full price for an ad-supported expansion - don't buy it. All the bad support for BF2 is directly related to BF2142 - as soon as BF2 was out support for it was dropped on the recently passed DICE Canada so DICE could push out BF2142.

It has an fancy unlock system, but they never bothered to show that off in the demo, you can choose the defib as an unlock, but nothing in the demo suggests thats possible. You all remember the Daikatana demo, right?
KtheC'
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KtheC' »

EA has already released a patch for the game and it's only a week old.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Here is one of the ads:
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

Dakatsu wrote:Here is one of the ads:
thats a pretty funny video. obviously, not a real ad in the game. has anyone actually played it and seen one of the real ads though? i wanna know how noticeable they are before i think about ponying up for the game. if they're over the top i'm not giving them any money on principle. but, honestly, i dont see the difference between fake ads in a game that add to the atmosphere (ala duke nukem among others) and real products in the game ads that also add to the scenery. being relevant to the game and not a tool to force products down our throats is what im concerned with.

inner city map with a pepsi sign on billboard seems acceptable enough while giant subway sandwhich in the middle of a middle eastern desert warzone = unacceptable in my opinion.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

From what I've heard, it's a lot like BF2 with different models, and a few added stuff.
In other words: Good, unless you have BF2.
Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Repo Man »

KtheC' wrote:EA has already released a patch for the game and it's only a week old.
At least they are releasing patches. How long have you been waiting for the Descent 1.5 patch? :P
Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Repo Man »

I have been playing BF2142 almost every day for the past two weeks. I like it a lot! It’s familiar enough to start playing right away if you already know BF2, yet different enough to keep me interested. All the new stuff really changes the tactics. The adaptive camouflage is a hoot. Thumbs up from little ol’ me.

BTW, I have not seen a single ad anywhere in BF2142.