Gunship Apocalypse a 6DOF game.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Gunship Apocalypse a 6DOF game.

Post by TigerRaptor »

This might be another 6DoF game.

http://www.gunship-apocalypse.com/gsa.php
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Downloading demo...
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

core decision will pwn it!!!!
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

I downloaded the Demo and am now lvl 10.

Like:
6DOF
Customization of Ship Equipment
Armor/Shield Protection
Levels

Hate:
Graphics (too small world (limit on flying height) and poor detail on environment and characters)
Physics (Explosions are like Descent 3.)
AI (Why do these guys respawn in the same space all the time?)
Story (not very exciting)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Posted HERE in 360 degrees Efforts forum.

I didn't like that you are forced to always be rightside up. You can not roll your ship. It does this sort of banking thing.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I didn’t realize this topic was already was posted. Please close this thread then.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hey np Tiger. just an fyi. It's worth the mention. I had a hard time with it. It's almost a good game.
;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Dislikes:

1. Controls are nearly impossible to map correctly. I can't map sliding to the hat switch. I also found that there wasn't any form of banking.

2. AI doesn't seem that intelligent, it's just so hard to control the ship and move around fast enough to kill them and they take too long to kill in the first place.

3. What is with the red outline around the enemies? It would be one thing if it auto detected enemies this way and you could lock on to enemies with this feature but I found that it only activated for me when I shot an enemy in the face.

4. Download kept breaking off, even for broadband.

5. The ship design is pure ugly.

6. Lack of multi.

7. Poorly written and poorly presented storyline.

8. Installs annoying background programs.

1. Good Graphics. I've seen better but these are pretty good for a low-budget game.

2. Good music.

3. Decent physics, it's just to bad that one of the annoying background programs supposedly has to do with the physics somehow.

4. I like how the ship is slightly sluggish, making it feel a little more realistic as a ship.

5. I like the fact that everything looks correct to scale, in comparison to D3 where everything looks odd. Things that are big, look and feel big.

6. Weapons fire isn't very accurate BUT this makes the game more interesting to me personally. Also, the bullets aren't instant hit.

7. I like the fact that you have to load out your weapons unlike D3, where you pick up 20 weapons that are all as big as the ship as you are flying.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

[]V[]essenjah wrote:Dislikes:

1. Controls are nearly impossible to map correctly. I can't map sliding to the hat switch. I also found that there wasn't any form of banking.

2. AI doesn't seem that intelligent, it's just so hard to control the ship and move around fast enough to kill them and they take too long to kill in the first place.

3. What is with the red outline around the enemies? It would be one thing if it auto detected enemies this way and you could lock on to enemies with this feature but I found that it only activated for me when I shot an enemy in the face.

6. Lack of multi.

8. Installs annoying background programs.
thoes are the same ones i dont like about it to.

#8 piss me off the most when its like install this and that.

they make a big dead about if u dont have this physics card u need the software drivers. Hell who has the money to get once of thoes cards any ways exp when the only ones iv seen are made for SGI comps.

sorry had to rant cause i spend 2 hours d/ling this damn thang.