How to S someoneTFU

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

How to S someoneTFU

Post by Will Robinson »

Seriously, I'm sick of pulling up to a light and having my insides vibrated by some moron with his low frequency assault system and having no recourse...at least none that doesn't end in a gunfight.

So...

Help me devise a way to fight back.
I want a device that can zap a sub woofer into failure.
Some kind of high energy microwave cannon that can key in on the circuit of the sub woofer maybe or cheap magnetic projectile that will stick to the lower door or body panel on contact and then mechanically rap the body about 5 or 10 times per second with a metal hammer effect so the driver kills the sound so he can figure out what is making the racket and later when he pulls it off the car it shouts \"Turn that ★■◆● down you moron...and pull up your pants while you're at it!\"

How about it? Anyone got any ideas?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

a simple PA system installed on your car would do that fine. ^_^
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

well, if you have a pickup truck you could make a huge electromagnet and put it in the bed, then wire a switch up in your dash

if you're in a populated area, you could always call the police and complain about a disturbance

you might be able to get the cops to write the guy a ticket, I doubt its safe to drive with that crap going
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

What you need to do is get the biggest, baddest set of speakers around. Mount them to the roof of your car. Get a very large power source. Attach to said speakers. Get a remote-control CD player. Prepare everything, turn the volume up to max...

Then load the Kenny G. CD.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Well they've yet to invent a machine that will make you less of an old fart, so I think you're SOL for now. :P
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

I feel your pain Will.

My car stereo is 20 watts a channel.

Not nearly a match for the 330BHP/sweet song the exhaust plays for me! Who the hell wants to listen to music when you have 5 litres of german engineering workin' for ya? ;)

I think maybe you need to develop something like an unshielded directional microwave gun. Perhaps an old microwave oven with a wire cone to direct the microwaves. I'm sure you could cause skin blistering from 3-4 metres away, and it might even damage some paintwork if you're lucky.

OH - you won't get a faster microwave cannon even if you pick up a powerup at an intersection.... :)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Mega Missle.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

lol Beo. You're just too old, Will!

j/k, I know what you are talking about. It's always the ghetto idiots who spend $5000 for a stereo, pack it into a $1000 car with $3000 rims, and play the absolute worst crap. I see this in Philly all the time. Inconsiderate pricks, going down one of the narrow residental streets full volume. Losers need to learn when to turn it down.

(However, I have said system, but it's in an '03 Maxima, and it's Floyd or Pantera, not Ludacris/50cent. I also know when to cut the volume)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'm thinking of getting a megaphone and rolling my window down and start talking to them...not telling them to turn it down or anything, just share my random thoughts with them, maybe read a poem, sing something way out of key or maybe practice yodeling etc. all at a very loud megaphone volume of course.

Mobius, I know what you mean about the sweet sound of the aluminum V8, I'm running with no cats, small resonators and rear muffler bypass mixed with the whir of the supercharger! At somewhere over 400hp right now so I could compete decibel for decibel if I wanted to. I'd put my engine up against his subs any day in a volume competition but I don't want to be the second idiot at the light who is too loud, I want to be the one who shuts the idiot up.

Is there someway to broadcast a frequency that could interupt a CD players signal to the amp so the amp amplifies my signal instead of the CD players? Boy I could have fun with that!
right now I'm thinking of a stealth mounted police siren...a few blips of the old po po sound should buy me a minute of peace while I wait for the light to turn...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Time to buy a Microwave Cannon!
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

You could install sound absorber in your car.... Nice Microwave cannon.... 100 GHz is a pretty high frequency. I wonder how much power they are pumping out of that thing.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Keep a paintball gun in the car.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Stryker wrote:What you need to do is get the biggest, baddest set of speakers around. Mount them to the roof of your car. Get a very large power source. Attach to said speakers. Get a remote-control CD player. Prepare everything, turn the volume up to max...
Threaten to play Celine Deon on that thing and you could end up being the dictator of an entire state!
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

This works good at making people stfu. Just make sure no one is looking. ;)
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Use an EMP device. :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Tchaikovsky 1812 overture. Cannons are GOOD! And the poor sods probably never heard real music before. You'd be doing them a favor.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Mobius wrote:Who the hell wants to listen to music when you have 5 litres of german engineering workin' for ya? ;)
Don't you have to spell 'German' with a capital 'G'? :roll:
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Diedel wrote:Don't you have to spell 'German' with a capital 'G'? :roll:
Obviously not since Mobius just proved it can be done with a lowercase letter :D
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

People not doing something doesn't mean it doesn't have to be done. ;)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Learn ninjitsu to control the sound around with your chi. then, with ur mind, bend the sound into a lazer and cut the power cables. Then pull out ur snub nose revolver and shoot at the guy as your drive off. WAY OF THE NINJA!!!