awesome D1 bug (is it true?)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

awesome D1 bug (is it true?)

Post by Pandora »

just stumbled across this article about bugs in games. In the comments I found this:
The bug: Get quad level 4 lasers and go hide, keeping the trigger button held down until you are out of energy. KEEP THE BUTTON HELD DOWN FOR SEVERAL MINUTES. Then, quickly make your way to an energy recharge point, wait for an enemy player, then back into the energy recharge field. You will instantly spill out every laser shot that never fired while your fire button was held down, ending your enemy in a ball of insane death.

It's a feature because: If you could pull it off, there was no more awe inspiring and face-melting thing than to have your system slow to almost slow motion while 2000 laser blasts ended your enemy. It also garnered the respect and hatred of your enemies.
:D :D :D
has anybody of you tried this? Does it work?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

MP only?
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

That's wild.
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I wouldn't think it would be too far-fetched because D1 retail has so many bugs in it.
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Oh, it's absolutely true. I've done it many times.

I think they fixed it in D1x, though.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

awww :(
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Yeah. It did work in MP, but was pretty unethical. I don't think anyone used the unethical bugs in multiplayer--it'd have been considered cheating. And anyways, this wasn't the most practical one. I mean, if you can survive for several seconds without energy and lure your opponent to the energy bay, all without him figuring out what's going on and killing you for it . . . stop playing n00bs. Everyone knew that bug, and it's not like the lasers were that fast.

The most practical one was the one that let you store a fully charged fusion shot. Charge it up, switch guns; it'll be there when you go back to fusion. I never used it in a real game. Honest. But it did work.

The funniest one was the bouncing fusion. I saw that just the other day in single player, so I know D1x didn't fix it. Fire fusion at an extremely narrow angle at the floor--so it's practically parallel. Once in a blue moon, it'll bounce back at you. I do it on accident very, very, very occasionally. It's hard to do on purpose.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Yeah, I tried to reproduce the rapidfire laser bug... and it did indeed work. I think D1x fixed it though, along with (I believe) the fusion charge bug.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

PORGYS is a fun thing to do :)