Death Announcement - Bama

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

MK-Defender
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Tribute To Andy Blalock Youtube Video

Post by MK-Defender »

Here's the Youtube Tribute Video
By MK-Defends

<object width=\"640\" height=\"385\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\" name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\"></param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\"always\"></param><embed src=\"" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" width=\"640\" height=\"385\"></embed></object>
MK-Defender
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Tribute To Andy Blalock Youtube Video

Post by MK-Defender »

Here's the Youtube Tribute Video
By MK-Defends

MK-Defender
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Tribute to Bama aka Andy Blalock

Post by MK-Defender »

What happened to PXO.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by Do_Checkor »

Midgard9 wrote:I haven't been to this site in very very long time, but I decided to look it up out of nostalgic curiosity
Whow! It's Midgard! Nice to see you! I don't remember having heard anything of you in ~10 years or so. But I still remember a couple of epic Descent 3D Art pictures. Hope you're well!
Chipmunk
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Death Announcement - Bama

Post by Chipmunk »

I realize this is an old thread but I haven't been on this site in years.

Very sad news to hear, I remember Bama very well from the Wildcard's days.
Slider_
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Slider_ »

Wow, almost 4 years old and I'm just finding this.

I remember Bama well and played Bama's Revenge quite a few times. He stands out in my mind from those old Descent days as one of the coolest heads and biggest supporters. He genuinely loved the community and made it what it was. We only spoke a few times over email and on these forums. I know that he had a life outside of Descent, but it was only with that game that I knew him, and in that context I knew him as a class act, patient, and genuinely kind. He was heavily respected by everyone, and I mean even young scrubs like me. I remembered that he and I would chat periodically, so I looked up his old emails. He sent me an email 14 years ago that just said: "You're trying too hard." I suppose he was right.

My condolences to his family and friends. He is remembered and will be missed.
SolidAir
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by SolidAir »

RIP Bama. Met him once at Suncoast and played with him ... I remember the quote you all put up earlier, I remember shaking my fist at that quote after he got a kill on me. Rest in peace.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

May he rest in peace
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Drakoz
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakoz »

Very sad news indeed. Bama was one of the many contributors to the Descent community that made it really worth being a part of. It seems like ancient history now - the LAN parties, playing at Sick_one's asylum, the beta period for Descent 3 and the run up to the Descent 3 $50K tournament. But, remembering the people like Bama (and my other Descent friends) feels like yesterday. The people make it fun and are the part that always stands out most for me. I've never had as much fun playing a video game as I did playing Descent with all of you. RIP Bama.

Regards,
Mike
NIKE10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by NIKE10 »

May he rest in peace, I just saw this now..

I still remember him coming up to me in Las Vegas at the big finals handing me the t-shirt from his site.

I actually still have that one, great quality and so was Bama.

NIKE1

Lost my old log in
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

Wow, that sucks. I recall when I started playing online in '98, '99-ish, just a dumb newbie kid. I only interacted with Bama a couple of times online and never in person, but the fact that I still remember him being super friendly and supportive sure speaks to his character.