New Tron Legacy Trailer

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New Tron Legacy Trailer

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

My brother showed me this (the recent Trailer of Tron: Legacy) and, oh my god! It's so amazing!
http://wdmp-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/wdsmp/TRO ... 2_720p.mov

And yes, I did see tron as a kid and it rocks! (ah the memories, my brother has the DVD of Tron)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Yay! Glad to see something is actually going on. I was starting to get worried lol. :) I saw the first trailer a while back but didn't see a release date or any other info on it.
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Cool at least it carries on with the story line and not just another remake. I thought that he made out in Tron?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Ok I guess this is a good a place as any to post this...

I love Tron. And for the past two years I've been playing a highly addictive Lightcycle game called Armagetron Advanced. If you ever want to explore classic Lightcycle action, please check it out.

Now before you're like, \"who is this guy and why is he advertising a game here?\" let me explain the Descent tie-in.

I love Descent, and I created a mod for the Tron game that has D1 textures and sounds, and a model I made too (it looks like a retarded Pyro). So, this is kind of like Tron meets Descent. It's the only crossover I know of between the two games.

On a side note, one of the developers of the Tron game also loves the Descent series. He's the only other person I know that plays it regularly, and talking about it recently got me hooked on Descent again (which then caused me to make an account a few days ago).

Also, I refuse to watch the Tron:Legacy trailer because I've been disappointed with everything I've seen regarding the new movie so far. I'll just go see the film when it comes out and generate an opinion then.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

vision wrote:Also, I refuse to watch the Tron:Legacy trailer because I've been disappointed with everything I've seen regarding the new movie so far. I'll just go see the film when it comes out and generate an opinion then.
I've had the same attitude for other movies. Of course it didn't matter because the Matrix squeals were a disaster.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Thanks Wolf. I've only seen the very first trailer and this adds just enough. I don't think i'll watch any others.

I played Tron 2.0. Great game. I've also been playing the Lightcycle open source project. That is a great lightcycle... ahh that Is the armegetron project. ... just a new name. Glad to see they finally finished it.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by vision »

Duper wrote:I played Tron 2.0. Great game.
I thought so to, until the story took a crap half-way through. And the lightcycles sucked. But man, did that game look cool.
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

I've been hugely excited about this ever since the first San Diego convention screening in 2008 before they 3D-ified it. I've been following all the viral marketing scheme news, have my wallpapers set to Tron Legacy images, my phone's home screen, and even my ring tone.

I'll probably go see this. Just a hunch.

For any not already aware, there are two things that hugely affected my life when I was young. One of them was Descent, primarily because it was the final (and overwhelmingly decisive) straw that finally made me jump ship from Commodore/Amiga fandom and embrace the PC world. The other was Tron, because it single-handedly insured that I would be doing SOMETHING with computers every day for the rest of my life. All I gotta say is.... they better not screw this up.