R.I.P. Peter Steele 1962-2010

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

R.I.P. Peter Steele 1962-2010

Post by Flatlander »

It's being reported that Type O Negative frontman and bassist Peter Steele has died, apparently from heart failure. Their song \"Haunted\" was part of the Descent 2 redbook audio soundtrack.

They had a unique sound, with Steele's deep bass vocals and tuned-down guitars - I'll miss 'em :cry:
si vis pacem, para bellum
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I was kind of a fan of their trippy style.
Haunted:
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

:( I saw them back in 96
Cpt. Zaphod B.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cpt. Zaphod B. »

Type O's song Haunted was also the music for level 8 of Descent 1 for the PS1. Haunted was the first song of theirs I heard, and it inspired me to purchase their album World Coming Down, despite Haunted not being on there.

It saddened me when Peter Steele passed away. I took vocal influence from him, and I've always wanted to see Type O Negative on-stage. Now I just wonder how the band can continue without their characteristic deep vocals. My thought is that they won't. however depressing that may be to me.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Nooooooo Haunted was my 3rd favorite of the Redbook. I also remember it when playing D1 on the PlayStation. It was cool because it made me feel like that I am finally on Mars, the place that NASA really wants to send people too.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I liked Haunted in D2... not so much for the music itself but the way it fit into the levels (especially Baloris Prime) was what really made it cool.

In terms of the song I'm thankful he didn't scream like heavy metal singers... it actually reminds me more of the songs on the audio books for A Series of Unfortunate Events, which was interesting. All in all, much better than I expected.

BTW NUMBERZero, what are your other two favourites? (I like Are You Descent? and Cold Reality personally, and I think Haunted comes third for me too, tying with Gunner Down).

Sad to hear that he died...
Cpt. Zaphod B.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cpt. Zaphod B. »

He was also the bassist for Type O, as well. Tuned in B Standard.