Tron Legacy...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Tron Legacy...

Post by SirWinner »

I'm not going to give away any content or plot twists to the movie.

Very much liked the Visuals and the Music.

Found it very strange that they used \"Knock on the Sky\" when they meant \"Pray\" or \"Meditate\".
- Guess it yet another attempt to be \"Politically Corrupt\" er \"Politically Correct\".

I was rather confused by the way they masked Tron for the majority of the Movie until almost the very end.

They grab your attention from the first moment until the very end.

Overall a pretty decent Science Fiction Movie.

---

Watched the Original Tron Movie before and after seeing Tron Legacy in iMax 3D.

---

I could see them making a Tron 3 in a few years... but this was probably the final chapter in the Tron movie series at only 2 movies.

8)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I saw it this week and loved it. Only saw Tron once in the 80's and love it also.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

I saw it, thinking it would be kind of lame, but just for nostalgia. Needless to say, I was impressed. The 3D did alot for it as well. I live in a small town that just got 3D (I was really suprised they even had it). The screen is probably only 20ft diag., so it was no IMAX, but still cool.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I didn't find the 3d was worth it. It didn't pop out like some other 3d movies I've seen lately.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Thenior »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I didn't find the 3d was worth it. It didn't pop out like some other 3d movies I've seen lately.
Well, I've only seen Narnia and Tron in 3D... I wasn't particularly wow'd be Narnia.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I saw it this past weekend... it was much better than the newspaper review I read would have you believe. I'm going to have to see the first one now though, there were a couple of things I didn't really understand.

I liked the club scene with the little \"reference\" to Daft Punk.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

what reference was that?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

The DJs were wearing helmets exactly like Daft Punk.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Flatlander »

Alter-Fox wrote:The DJs were wearing helmets exactly like Daft Punk.
I thought the DJs were Daft Punk.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

saw the original in theaters when it came out. so I went to see this for nostalgic reasons.

I give it 2 meh's out of 5 the like-O-meter

kinda blas'e
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I've never seen much of the original Tron but I really enjoyed this one. The story was a bit complex but nowhere near as bad as reviewers made it out to be. It was visually explosive fun done right - much moreso than say, Avatar.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Moreso than Avatar? Pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ah! No. They created an entire forest. They just made a bunch of buildings using basic shapes, angles, and fancy blue and orange lights in Tron.

BUT! The critics are bastardly liars who were bribed by CLU. IT WAS AWESOME! Graphics were good, D3 was awesome, actors were great! I just wish that they spent a little more time on the game grid.

I need to see the old movie. I cannot find it. Not even Netflix has it (wtf). I remember back in the day when cartoon shows had referances to it. I think they had a Dexter's Lab dedicated to it with the light cycles and MCP.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

Avatar basically makes me want to puke - the whole visual overload hyper-detailed CG style has already been done to death and is basically redundant by now. I'm tired of movies that look like big-budged FPS games.

Tron, on the other hand, looks interesting because they use all that technology in an artistic rather than realistic way - personally I find the stylized use of CG technology (like this and Pixar films - The Incredibles, Ratatouille, etc.)far more visually captivating than trying to make ridiculous stuff seem real.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Pixar movies are the best. And yes, seeing FPS as movies doens't interest me. TRON Legacy was a great movie.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Firewheel wrote:Avatar basically makes me want to puke
Amen brother. Avatar is a turd with $400 million dollars of polish. There is a real problem with blockbusters that have had so much money spent on production that they couldn't be allowed to fail and so they get the most pathetic shallow characters and feel-good plot unimaginable.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

Flatlander wrote:
Alter-Fox wrote:The DJs were wearing helmets exactly like Daft Punk.
I thought the DJs were Daft Punk.
I believe many songs on the soundtrack are done by Daft Punk. So it is likely that it really was them in the film.

By the way, check out the Tron: Evolution game. It is a prequel story before this movie and after the original movie. The reviews on the game that I have seen were not kind to it but I am really enjoying the game.
Why doesn't it work?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

CDN_Merlin wrote:TRON Legacy was a great movie.
Disagree 100%. it takes a plot to be a great movie, there was no plot, infact it was so thin in its plot that Jeff Bridges almost declined to be in the movie. they didnt even connect the Dillinger name to the first movie WTF???
Legacy was an above average special effects movie at best.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Source about Jeff Bridges Cuda?

It may not have been the best movie but it was entertaining and fun to watch. That's all a movie has to be.

Even movies with good plots can be terrible movies. Plot isn't the be all and end all of movie making. Look at \"The Killer Inside Me\" that was released this past year. Great plot and even great acting by Casey Afflek but terribly executed. There were many scenes in that movie that just make you sick. There are better ways to get the hint across than actually showing him mollesting a little girl and beating women to pulp.

Plot may not have been the high point of Tron, but I think the visuals and fantasy of it all made up for it quite nicely. I would definately buy Tron Legacy and watch it many times. I will NEVER watch The Killer Inside Me ever again.
Why doesn't it work?