Descent Rangers group on steam !!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent Rangers group on steam !!!

Post by Gold Leader »

Howdi Pilots!

Well here is something you oughta have alook at 8)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DescentRangers

I made friends with 1i one of the admins and he made me an admin there as well! I can add you people to this Steam community if you'd like that, we need more pilots right well, if we can widen our world @ Steam as well, we could fish for more pilots also.

Anyways thought I'd let my favourite clan know about this.

May The Force Be With You, Always.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'll join, I don't have much time to play right now but as you know I did sign up.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Sign me up Obi Wan! The force is strong in you!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You can sign me up. I already have a Steam login.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Okay Pilots of the Force, I will need your Steam account names to add you blokes :)

Keep yer wings levelled and fly on!
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

KoolBear01
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Added ya Krom also added KoolBear, hereby I also sent you guys an invite to the Descent Rangers Steam group :)

Welcome Veterans!
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think I have the same name as I do on here, however, that name will change as soon as I figure out how to change it. It would be good if you added me before then ;).
I'm not completely certain, as I don't go on Steam very much (I close it if I'm not playing a game on it -- it tends to compete with D2X-XL for the CPU for some reason, and makes it run very slowly). If I'm not alterfox then I'm wazzazzle... I use the two names almost interchangably so it gets hard to remember on places where I don't go often.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

tunnelcat wrote:You can sign me up. I already have a Steam login.
I will need your steam account namer to add you tunnelcat, otherwise I can not proceed your request ;)
Alter-Fox wrote:I think I have the same name as I do on here, however, that name will change as soon as I figure out how to change it. It would be good if you added me before then ;).
I'm not completely certain, as I don't go on Steam very much (I close it if I'm not playing a game on it -- it tends to compete with D2X-XL for the CPU for some reason, and makes it run very slowly). If I'm not alterfox then I'm wazzazzle... I use the two names almost interchangably so it gets hard to remember on places where I don't go often.
Just added you as friend and an invitation to the Descent Rangers Steam group :)

For all the others that get's a friend invite from me, you must accept otherwise the invitation to the Descent Rangers won't work :)

So just sign in and accept me as a friend and your invitation to the Descent Rangers Steam group will auto apply. 8)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

Gold Leader wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:You can sign me up. I already have a Steam login.
I will need your steam account namer to add you tunnelcat, otherwise I can not proceed your request ;)
Let me get my account set up first and I'll give you the link. I haven't rooted around in there for a while.

EDIT: OK, I need to polish it up, but here's mine:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970710289
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

@ tunnelcat & Paskiewicz

Both of youz been added to my friends list and have been sent an invitation ;)

Welcome aboard guys! 8)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Yay, thanks! :D
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I have a Steam account I tried to use once to activate some game in 2005. It failed hardcore and support was useless... nay non-existent. So I prefer mumble and and UDP. Gold squad is looking for good pilots, contact myself or Tigeron our profiles are at the Rangers Site;
http://www.descent-rangers.net/public/t ... cript=True
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Gun »

That was a solid six years ago. Steam is a completely different service now than it was then. I've been nothing but satisfied with it over the past several months.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Steam: it is to the App Store what Xerox's PARC project was to the Mac. (Except that it actually got released, of course...)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I played tonight, it turns out I'm much better at D2 than I thought I was. I didn't play so well in the second game because I was tired.

Also I had always thought Canuck was from Saskatchewan for some reason (our rival province).
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent Rangers group on steam !!!

Post by Gold Leader »

Any more people I need to add?

Please do lemmie know then hehe :E
Djcjr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Djcjr »

Definitely add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025255511

Since I haven't been able to log onto Mumble for a while, maybe I'll get to play a game or 2.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Djcjr wrote:Definitely add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025255511

Since I haven't been able to log onto Mumble for a while, maybe I'll get to play a game or 2.
There we go :) I just sent you an invite, accept it and I can add you immediately :mrgreen: :E
CORD
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CORD »

Add me, cordwood.
Don't be so openminded that your brains fall out.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

CORD wrote:Add me, cordwood.
Okay added ya mate :D All you have to do is accept and then I can add you to the group :)
SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Shamefully I have been banned from the Descent Rangers without warning of any type for the SECOND time... My account has been terminated for this Steam group also without any type of warning email and such which in theory goes against their so called Military Rule System..

They just used my abilities to what I could do for them being online 10 to 14 hours a day,7 days a week, as being 100% disabled I used my spare time for them seeking new recruits and seeking older DR members for this steam group.. Well it seemed that was not needed anymore, right.

Normally you get two warnings via email from your commander or any other higher up guy and if you override these rules likewise, then you get officially banned, but hey!! we all know that did not take place, right? Even during this so called second time.

Anyways I have lost interest in this clan Collecting Descent/Freespace games and beta testing for D2X-XL & DXX-Rebirth is my main thing for now, Descent3 Ultra will be interesting lie Freespace2 Open will also.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

I also got banned by assholes. :S
MD1985
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I'm in no way a viable source of any kind in regards to this matter (and most others), but some game servers auto ban based on latency.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

This is about a Steam group, not so much a game server. Glowhyena was dropped from the Rangers group because he isn't a member - I don't think he was the only one either, the admin(s) was/were doing a clean-out.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Sirius wrote:Glowhyena was dropped from the Rangers group because he isn't a member - I don't think he was the only one either, the admin(s) was/were doing a clean-out.
What is their point? Why did they say I am not a member? I was a member of the group because I joined there. I wanted to make new material defender friends on the group by joining a game and then chat with them.

I don't see their point to drop me from the group. I'm NOT connected to Gold Leader because he is new to me, not a best friend. Actually, I have a few problems with him.
MD1985
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I mean a member of the Descent Rangers, not the Steam group - there is a difference, the former requires an application. I don't know what happened with the Steam group - nobody seemed to be actually using it, and apparently the majority of people in the group weren't even in the Rangers. It was looking more like a general Descent community group, and there are already several of those out there on Steam. (I'm not sure those see much use either, but that's a different story.)

Oh well. These things happen.

As always, people who wish to join the Rangers are welcome to apply through our website: http://www.descentrangers.com